Want To Buy GNX

kna4977

Looking for as good of a GNX as I can find for the money. The most I would like to spend is $75K. Please let me know if you know of something that might be close to what I am looking for. Here's what I have in mind.

-For $75K I would expect a mostly original and complete GNX (original window sticker, manuals etc.) plus or minus jacket and original tires with mostly original paint and a ding/dent/major scratch and check free exterior. Interior should be flawless and everything should work. Undercarriage should be nice as well with minimal if any surface rust. I would expect it to have less than 10K original documented miles and probably closer to the 5-6K mark for this price.

-I am also open to any other GNX. As long as the price is fair for what it is I am interested. Thanks in advance for your help and let me know what is out there.

Here is 2 anyway,

CarsOnline.com: Buick GNX For Sale

850 miles...

Maybe you can get him down to an acceptable deal--

CarsOnline.com: Buick GNX For Sale

The first one seems to be what I am looking for by the description. Wonder if anyone has seen this GNX in person or would be willing to??? I could potentially be a serious buyer of that one, but I'm just not sure what all is involved with bringing it from Canada into the U.S. and haven't been able to find anyone that knows for sure. Any insight would be great. For that reason I would like to stay within the U.S. Thanks for the links!

maybe South Milwaukee

My nephew works about 30 miles from there. He is as trustworthy as men come. Schmittner Bros. Shoe repair, Milwaukee, WI He is not at work today.

1987 Buick GNX

Buick GNX . All original, unmolested GNX #392 in perfect condition. 850 actual miles. Humidity controlled storage. Includes special owners manual supplement.
Price - $ 89,000

Tell-A-Friend
Notify a friend about this vehicle for sale
Click Here for automatic referral form. Call 414-762-5140
or 414-759-4106
South Milwaukee, Wisconsin US

My nephew works about 30 miles from there. He is as trustworthy as men come. Schmittner Bros. Shoe repair, Milwaukee, WI He is not at work today.

1987 Buick GNX

Buick GNX . All original, unmolested GNX #392 in perfect condition. 850 actual miles. Humidity controlled storage. Includes special owners manual supplement.
Price - $ 89,000

Tell-A-Friend
or 414-759-4106

Thanks. That one looks great but unfortunately is out of my price range. If I'm able to talk him down $14K I'd certainly love to have him take a look for me.

I have seen the GNX 127 in person many times. It is in amazing shape (in my opinion) & seems flawless. I know the owner is an avid car collector & I am pretty sure he takes extreme good care for his vehicles since all of his others vehicles that I have seen are in meticulous condition. I know some other people that have seen this vehicle are members of here & I hope they will chime in since they know probably more on this GNX than I do. IMHO I think this is a good deal for the vehicle you are getting, I would buy it if I had the money :( but unfortunately can't afford it.

I have seen the GNX 127 in person many times. It is in amazing shape (in my opinion) & seems flawless. I know the owner is an avid car collector & I am pretty sure he takes extreme good care for his vehicles since all of his others vehicles that I have seen are in meticulous condition. I know some other people that have seen this vehicle are members of here & I hope they will chime in since they know probably more on this GNX than I do. IMHO I think this is a good deal for the vehicle you are getting, I would buy it if I had the money :( but unfortunately can't afford it.

Couple of things holding me back on that one. First I don't know what all is involved with bringing a car from Canada to the U.S. and haven't been able to find anyone yet that does. Also, if it's the same one I think it is, I believe there is some questionable history and that it's been for sale for a long time. Anyone know for sure or have any specifics on #127? For the right price though it might be worth more investigation. A quick google search did turn this up.

Gnx 127 For Sale On Ebay - GN and T-Type Performance Enthusiasts (GNTTYPE) Forums

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/gnx-fortunate-547/276462-info-gnx-127-a.html

I have brought severaltractors into the US from Canada with no issues what so ever. I wait till I see the tractor to confirm it is "what they said it was" and then hand them a certified check.

The way I understand it is with an auto you use a Broker to handle the exchange so nobody is screwed.

Details here is a good place to start.

Vehicle Importation Regulations

I have brought severaltractors into the US from Canada with no issues what so ever. I wait till I see the tractor to confirm it is "what they said it was" and then hand them a certified check.

The way I understand it is with an auto you use a Broker to handle the exchange so nobody is screwed.

Details here is a good place to start.

Vehicle Importation Regulations

Awesome! and thanks, I will read up on it.

Will definately have to find out more about this particular X, but if this does turn out to be "the one", or if any X in Canada does I would want to go check it out myself in person before I bought it. My main confusion/lack of knowledge is what all is involved with getting it across the border. There are probably people in the business of handling such transactions although I'm not sure what their titles would be. I need to research it. A cross-border/country transport service may be able to shed some insight on this as well now that I think of it.

I've exported a vehicle into Canada from the USA and it was very easy and would imagine it would be the same as exporting a vehicle from Canada to the USA. Basically you fax the vin number to the border so customs can ensure that there are no liens on the vehicle and that the car isn't stolen. Then you pay any documentation fees (about 200.00 for 15 years or newer, less if older) and your on your way. When I got it home I had to pay my local sales tax, get a safety test to ensure it was road worthy then get it insured and then drive and enjoy.

A Buick GNX should be very easy to import as it was made in the USA so essentially your returning a locally made vehicle. With NAFTA there would be no duty for a North American made vehicle.

Many great muscle cars from Canada are now in the USA as we usually can't compete with the strong US dollar. Don't forget your dollar up here is worth about 1.25 CND. I haven't been in a while but at dealer only auto auctions about 25% of the vehicles were going back to the USA.

As a tip: A transport company would probably hose you for clearing the car at customs. IMO you should get it across the border your self and then ship it or if possible trailer it all the way yourself.

1987 Buick GNX

Price - $ 89,000

Tell-A-Friend
or 414-759-4106

Special Owners Manual 4-Sale New Copies $29.00 each.