VSS and code 24

86Turbo

Hey guys I have a question about the VSS. Once in a while when I fire up the car the rpm will keep going up very slowly. It starts off at 1400 rpm and it will go up slowly until it sets code 24. I let it sit there until it reached 3000+ rpm and there was no sign of it starting to drop. According to the SM2 all the numbers looked good. TPS at .42 and steady. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Does anyone have the current part # for the VSS? Thanks for any help.

Dan

It may not be available anymore. I have a brand new one in the wrapper I will sell you for what I gave for it. E-mail me if interested and I can try to dig up the number for you.

Hey 86turbo, I had a vss problem for a while. I finally got behind the dash and discovered someone disconnected my vss. Stranger things could happen, I'd check first. It is a little green box that is about the size of a match box if I remember right. BTW the part# is AC 2500421. I think it is about $60 or so. Check the price at GMPARTSDIRECT.COM they will have the best price. Hope this helps. Oh, and my cars ran like a top after I reconnected it.
Good Luck!

Found my invoice. The # is 25007463 and it was $54.00. I will let it go for that and no shipping charge.

Originally posted by TIMS87GN
Hey 86turbo, I had a vss problem for a while. I finally got behind the dash and discovered someone disconnected my vss. Stranger things could happen, I'd check first. It is a little green box that is about the size of a match box if I remember right. BTW the part# is AC 2500421. I think it is about $60 or so. Check the price at GMPARTSDIRECT.COM they will have the best price. Hope this helps. Oh, and my cars ran like a top after I reconnected it.
Good Luck!
That number comes back invalid. It is 7 digits and I believe you need 8. I checked my number and you might as well get it from GM parts direct because it is only $29 plus shipping.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm