VR4 Mistsubushi goes down on the way home from a funeral!

BLACKBADGER

Was coming home from a funeral with my 12 yr old son. When this beautiful red VR4 comes up beside us(nicest I've ever seen,immaculate big fat-tires and everything), the guy driving it is a pilot as you could see he had his flight suit on still. He was driving his wingless twin turboed jet and we couldn't resist flying against this Japanese twin rice bowled jet. The dog fight was on We are at a roll and he gets the jump but we reel him in, and work thru traffic. We finally get to a red light and the race is on, from a stop and we drop him bad, no contest out of the hole, all we had time for was a stab and go, didn't have oppurtunity to BOOST-up! I don't know how fast were going as my speedo only goes to 85 and it was buried. I backed off and he catches up. He comes up to us after as we are talking out our windows driving and says that's a fast BUICK, he asks what you running, I told him a little ol' 231c.i.V6 that has a turbo on it. He immediately asks what size of turbo!, and I say justa stock motor with a stock- turbo bumped up to 20lbs. He smiles gives me the thumb up and says no wonder. Needless to say I was caught up in the dogfight and was just watching out of the side of my eye for the shift light and was oblivious to the Scan Master. It read a low .752 and 7* KR, I was shaking my head, saying to myself you big dummy ( not only could I've blown a H-gasket, but I hate running in the heat 93 out, just couldn't resist),so we immediately stopped bumped up the FP 3 turns and made a couple hard runs solo. O2's 800-810, KR 0-1.6. Came back to troll and came up on a 2000 TA guys slowing down waiting to victimize us, we barely get up to them and the guy jumps on it and we immediately follow suit the ol' Buick jumps ahead by 1/2 a car and the guy backs off, we slow down and all he says is those Grand Nationals are fast, we were done, oh well! So I can't classify that as a true kill. Those guys in there high dollar vehicles don't like to get beat by these ol' V6 Buicks, and mine is UGLY!!!! It was good to not grieve for those few runs, it got our minds off our dear family friend.

Hey, I'm here in ABQ too. I don't have a GN, but do have a turbo Jetta, which would be no match for the GN. But I was just wondering if you've ever raced a Red or Blue Talon. Some of my buddies used to be part of boost inside. I was just wondering if you ever heard of them. The blue Talon did a 12.45 in Roswell, and the Red Talon did 12.05 up here, but thats before he built the motor and put on a Garret 60-1 turbo, so he'll hopefully be in the 10s now. He's waiting for some tranny parts, and then is gonna run in Roswell( since ABQ sucks and we have no track). But I'd like to check out your car sometime, I've always loved the GN.

Hey Lucky

I've never seen the Blue Talon, the red one is a legit 12 sec. car. My buddy Street King has run the red one, in his white 86 T-Type( you've probably seen it has Buick on the rear quarters) and has beat him. No doubt The red Talon is quick, and we have heard about it's prowess, as my friend looked for him and found him. The guy was talking then that he was going bigger and beefing up the tranny. Man 10's would be mind boggling. Once Street King's motor comes back from Duttweiler and we drop her back in and bolt things back-up ,I'm sure he'd like to give either, new and improved Talon a go. We were hoping to get into the mid-11's with it, not the 10's I need to get to Roswell( they run a tad faster down there) as well and see what my car will actually do, get some legit time slips(I'd be happy with mid 13's, low 13's would even be nicer) Lucky you've probably seen my ugly stick it has decals all over the rear 1/4's to cover up the bad paint. It looks faster then it actually is. See you on Montgomery sometime as I take her cruising occassionaly. :cool:

Hey, I've had a few runins with the boost inside guys. Even was a member on the web site for a short time. Ported the head on my wifes mitsi, and wanted to test it out on a slightly modded one. Well I got beat and that was ok cause it turned out the nut had come off the compessor side of the turbo. They called me an older gentleman. We were just trying to help them go fast. Oh well. I never mentioned that my car was a Grand National, And if all I was trying to do was beat them I would have driven it.Later.....Danny

I've heard alot about Tom since then. Do you still hang out with him? If I had known what he was like he would have never been allowed close to the shop.. Its a place where people go to talk about fast cars. Man was I dumb to get envolved in that mess. My appologies to everybody at Boost Inside except that Idiot. My wifes car is running very nice these days. Finally put some tires with a little traction on it too. No hard feelings I hope. Later....Danny

No hard feelings, we don't really hang with Tom anymore. Boost inside has pretty much dissolved, everyone was sick of having a bad rep cause one person spouted their mouth all the time, but its all good. I'm hoping to get a DSM soon, so maybe I'll see you around on monty sometime.

Hey black badger, don't feel bad about bad paint around here. I had a GN with good paint, it got stolen once and broken into many times. Then I bought this one with bad paint with no breakins for the last 1.5 years. The black paint gets bad real fast here in the high desert. Theres another ugly one here in town , he's running 11.40s. I would way rather go fast than be pretty. Latter.......Danny

Paint?

Yeah I know this desert eats up the paint. Mr.Davis's cars paint is ugly and it don't slow him down. I'm actually thinking of painting it flat black like a Stealth F-117a, I like the flat black look. Just want to cover the bare spots where the paints worn through. I'd like to scoot up to a T49 but I'll probably go with SMC alcohol injection. I think I can get into the 12's with alchy.