Voltage??

Buickcruiser

Hey Guys,
I finally got my car running (its running a little shaky and the vac is high) after a few installs. Which oversized t.b. electric fan, new valve springs, adj. Fuel pressure regulator, Trans cooler. 86/87 ECM, Turbotweek chip, hooker exhaust w dump pipe, Welbro 307 Fuel pump w/ Hot wire kit and 50 lb. injectors.
Am I correct that when you have your car turned off and all doors closed (with the negative terminal installed) and you hook a volt meter from the battery to the power wire you should not receive a current? If this is correct I have something going on and it explains my batteries always dyeing. When I connect a volt meter I show a 12.3 vdc draw. Do you all have any idea what could be creating such a draw?
Thanks,
David

You should be reading current, not voltage. There is always some current draw with the car turned off. There is current draw from the computer, the radio, and alarm if you have one. Set your meter to current and see how much draw you have.

6.6 ma. sounds about right. Mine pulls about 10 ma. How long does your battery take to drain when the car is sitting?