Vin-C, turbo peformance engine build tips?

cracker

Got my self a vin c motor here and the plan goes as follows
importing a set of turbo two dot rods with arp bolts and fedural mongral pistons not fordgies.
The block has powered steel main caps and standard bolts, and will be bored to .40 thou to match once the pistons arrive. Im using a standard size vin c crank and havent decided on bearings yet, most likely either use acl bearings or import some clevitt 77 bearings. Using a standard cam with a roll master single row timing chain, new roller lifters and mild rebuilt heads with standard valve gear.

The turbo set up is steam pipe (3-4mm) thick log manifolds into a garrett ball bearing turbo charger rated at 700hp feeding a 600x300x75 front mount cooler. Iv got 42lbs injectors and 500hp intank pump, 2 bar map sensor and a haltech ecu.

now my question is what tips do people have for me building a motor such as this, iv read about people using a 10% wider bearing on the big ends, what about the balance of the crank does it need to be adusted to suit the great weight of the turbo pistons and rods.
what clearancing work is needed if any one knows?
what sort of power can i expect these pistons to handle, what sort of boost is realistic, is was thinking of around 17-18psi. and maybe around 280rwkw.

Now as a slight twist this is all being built in australia, where it has been proven time and time again that good figures can be run on standard vin c motors as in nothing done to them apart from a turbo set up, around 250rwkw is quite achivable.

any feed back would be great thanks.

The 3.8 engines were considered "Offcenter" engines. The "Two dot" rods have an offset in the rod to accomodate the fact that the bore is not centered over the crankpin on 3.8 (pre-3800) engines.

The 3800 series engine block was redesigned and the bores were shifted (or centered) over the crank pin. The 3800 rods are symetrical (no offset). This enabled other improvements in the engine. A smaller skirted lighter piston is used in 3800 engines because the piston does less rocking in the bore and a thinner low tension ring pack is also used.

I won't say you can't use those 2 dot rods.......I just don't know why you would want to try. I'd look for 3800 Vin 1 rods. They are bushed for full floating pins and are strong. I think the latest version are Powdered metal too.

This sounds like a neat project......going in a Holden Commodore?