vibration

dragway

I have a vibration at about 1000-2300 rpm in neutral or in gear goes away above 2300 . Has stock flywheel and balancer motor was rebuilt before I bought it stock rebuild .040 over any ideas . check torque on balancer bolt don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Have you double checked all your mouts? Driveshaft? Do you think it could be coming from the tires or diff?

Any binding of the belt/pulleys?

Checked torque converter bolts tight checked alignment of pulleys ok and the vibration happens even if I am I park

Now, is this your engine rebuilt or something you bought all done? I remember you had an issue last season.

You checked your Tc but did you check to make sure the actual flywheel was good also? If loose that'll vibrate a lot.

I would disconnect the converter and push it back. Start it and see if it vibrates. That would eliminate the converter or trans. Look for cracks in the flex plate while the converter is back.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if it's a stock set up, isn't the crankshaft / rotating assembly balanced with flex plate installed? If an aftermarket flex plate was installed at any point in time wouldn't this be a factor in throwing the entire rotating assembly out of balance?

Stock flex plate I will try disconnecting torque converter this weekend. Yes pronto same engine as last year just replaced blown out head gasket still look for another engine to build .

I assume it didn't have that vibration b/f you did the head gaskets? If so I would concentrate on items that were removed to do the heads.

I did put in ptc converter and a ac delete pulley going to check it over this weekend

Update on vibration found problem the down pipe got bent up somehow disconnect vibration gone now have to try to fix down pipe.

That's strange but at least it's seems fixable.

So the exhaust flow was causing a resonance to occur and make a vibrating noise only those 1000rpm?? Weird but at least you found it ha