very low cars...question

OK, I didnt realize you were trying to accomplish 4" of drop so with that being said, you can use S-10 arms and really just find the least expensive set you can find. I believe Jegs has good pricing on adjustable arms. The one thing you want to keep in mind is that you need good bushings in the uppers, I would suggest Del-Aluminum ones. The heat from our downpipes wear the rubber and poly ones out. Try ATS for the uppers. As far as the lowers, just get them powdercoated and install new stock bushings. The stock ones are soft enought to keep the ride nice up front. If you want to give Mark a call at Savitske Classic & Custom and see what he suggests for that much drop. You dont want to put too much strain on your BJ's by adjusting the uppers too much. He can help though, as many many people have said, HE IS THE MAN!

Pics of lowered car

Belltech spindles, Suspension Technique springs, Bilstein shocks, LS1 brake swap. Pictures are of....... 225-55-16s. I found some rear Trans am wheels and had them polished/painted. I test fisted some 245-50-16 on the car today with the rear wheels in front and they look at fit wonderfully. I will post pics of that later. Thanks Clendmik@aol.com

Attachments

• Buick pics 002.jpg
    Buick pics 002.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 326
  • Buick pics 003.jpg
    Buick pics 003.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 338
  • Buick pics 005.jpg
    Buick pics 005.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 322
  • Buick pics 006.jpg
    Buick pics 006.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 337
OK, I didnt realize you were trying to accomplish 4" of drop so with that being said, you can use S-10 arms and really just find the least expensive set you can find. I believe Jegs has good pricing on adjustable arms. The one thing you want to keep in mind is that you need good bushings in the uppers, I would suggest Del-Aluminum ones. The heat from our downpipes wear the rubber and poly ones out. Try ATS for the uppers. As far as the lowers, just get them powdercoated and install new stock bushings. The stock ones are soft enought to keep the ride nice up front. If you want to give Mark a call at Savitske Classic & Custom and see what he suggests for that much drop. You dont want to put too much strain on your BJ's by adjusting the uppers too much. He can help though, as many many people have said, HE IS THE MAN!

Thx alot for all the help. I want about 3" drop for now, eventually replacing the springs for a quality set of bags and gain drivability and still let it sit low. I know that is a very unpopular approach here, but I just dont really care about spending tons of $ to make it drag race...I'd rather drive it and cruise it and enjoy it.
Once again thx for all the input, I will post pics once on the road, and pickin off road reflectors.

Belltech spindles, Suspension Technique springs, Bilstein shocks, LS1 brake swap. Pictures are of....... 225-55-16s. I found some rear Trans am wheels and had them polished/painted. I test fisted some 245-50-16 on the car today with the rear wheels in front and they look at fit wonderfully. I will post pics of that later. Thanks Clendmik@aol.com

SWEEET , thats the exact set up I have sittin at the house, how is the bump steer and overall handling feel after the susp install?

I am actually a BIG fan of bags. I just dont have the money! Definately get some pics posted when you are done!!!

When done right, bags can work as well or better than normal springs. You just have to learn pressure = spring rates, and figure out what pressure works when, not what height necessarily even though the coencide.
I saw on airbagit.com a very complete kit it seems for $1200.....but I'd prefer to piece a kit together. I had pm'd w/ akgn a while back and got some good information, and thats what he did, pieced together a kit.

GregATL

After the install, the alignment was so bad I couldn't drive it in the driveway. Had to screw in the steering linkage about 6 turns on each side. (I can't remember the name) to bring the toe in a bit. I drove it right to NTB for a special alignment. $119.99 later is was perfect besides for the tire rubbing on bumps. I ordered some 245-50-16 for the (rear) GTA wheels for the front and also a set of 255-50-16 for the rear of car. I have 255-50-16 M/T drag radials and they will make life a lil too exciting in the rain. Car drives like a dream!!! Bump steer is NOT noticeable. The ride is not harsh at all. Will you be in Reymolds for the event? We can hook up. Clendmik@aol.com

Does anyone know if this will work

I plan on installing the Hotckis TVS system... it comes with 1" lowering springs all the way around , sway bars and hardware. I plan on running the original vector wheels that are 15x8 instead of 15x7 . Does anyone know if this will rub... before I spend the money .... thanks guys... great to have an 87 GN :biggrin:

shouldn't rub dropped 1", the variable to consider is wheel offset, but some guys run 9" front wheels w/ no rubbing at all like "xcessiv" above.

The Malibu is on ART Illegal?! Looks real nice!!
Turbo Clam, I hope to be at Reynolds, I have a young baby so you never know....Should be though.

no ART, 2500's up front and 2600's out back with 1/2"line and 200psi:biggrin:

Holy crap, 200 psi...I take it you like the ride, but does it handle well? I was lookin at 2600 bags F&R when I swap over, what is the adv/dis adv to 1/2" vs 3/8" in valves and lines? Obv volume of air being moved, but seems it'd require alot of compressor to keep volume and pressure high.

the ride is pretty decent for not having front shocks.. there is a couple brackets you can buy to move the sock outside the a-arm and frame rail.
My front and rear bags are T'd, so in a turn the direction the car leans it pushes air from that bag to the other side and really handles like a canoe. If you were to do fbss that issue wouldn't be near as bad as just f/b.

1/2" valves are just faster, the front of my car drops so fast I've gotta hit the switch a couple times and bring it down little by little otherwise it slams down and bounces around. 3/8" is perfect IMO

drop

my regal is dropped 3 inches , and i have no problems. on stock springs. Just heated to lower. oh yeah , there also only 14's.