versatility of translator and extender+

Shuterdown

Hey guys,

I tried reading threads on the extender chip with the translator to get a grasp of its versatility...but I'm still a little in the dark.

What I'm wondering: is the translator and extender+ the next best thing to programming your own chips? Does it lend it self to tuning across a broad range of setups?

I have all the mods one would normally do on a TR, plus alcohol injection, and the chip my guy gave me to run with alcohol is kinda weak. I'm seriously considering the translator and extender chip setup, but want to make sure it's what I'm looking for!

Thanks in advance !

John

I use the T+ and extender chip for 55's which makes it an Extreme chip with alky. on my daily driver.

Turbo Bob and Eric Marshall at TurboTweak have the alky. chips down good.

Turbo Bob makes the Extenders for 98 octane which is his alky. chip. It's a 23* 1+2, then 21* timing chip in higher gears.

Wide array of programmable features such as lockup speed and even WOT lockup, fan stuff, and of course the idle and WOT knobs for fueling and timing adjustments.

Also works great out of the box when you set the knobs and switches right and leave it alone. ;)

11.93 at 114 with 3955lb. race weight, stock 155K motor. :)

Translator & extender INSTRUCTIONS

One thing about the Extender chip is the instructions suck.

They are written for someone who knows alot about the chip
already. Not written with the new user in mind.

A friend bought the Max Effort thumbwheel @ the same time I purchased the T+ & extender.

The Max Effort instructions are much better.
Samples of parameter changes are included, troubleshooting tips listed, & written in a much more user friendly way.

On this list I have noticed 4 posts asking if the MAF # shown in scan tools are displayed @ 50% when using the extender. Isnt this something that should be listed in the instructions ?

The hardware side of the product is well done, but the designers may want to watch a new user install & tune the product to see where the instructions fall short.

Just a suggestion.