Vent needed to relieve pressure on top of external wastegate?

disco stu

Been fighting overboosting since I went to an external gate and controller. I am trying a single solenoid set up to bleed pressure to the top of the diaphram to increase. This is teed off of the boost reference from the compressor housing to the bottom of the wastegate.
When the boost starts needing target the solenoid starts closing but boost will not decrease. The pressure that it bled to the top of the wastegate is trapped maintaining that boost. Do I need a small hole to vent the trapped pressure allowing a greater pressure differential on the bottom
of the wastegate? I remember seeing some of the mbc's on the market with this done but have not read anyhing otherwise.

I've tried messing with all the settings for the solenoid config, and I am using a spring that puts it at 14 psi base. But did the same with a 6 psi spring, albeit lower pressures. It would max at 15. Now I'm ready to tune levels above that but I have to be able to maintain target pressures.

Nevermind, I'm retarded. I had the vent port blocked on the solenoid from a dual solenoid configuration because I can't read apparently. It works like it should. And I'm really starting to love my ISAC.