vehicle speed sensor

Busted_87

so this is probably a dumb question but where is my vehicle speed sensor located at...have to replace it...87 GN.

Charlie, where does it physically mount? I got the sensor and speedo from different sources. I have the 'eye' connected to the speedo, but where does the module itself go? Maybe it will be clearer when I start plugging in all the connections.

Charlie, where does it physically mount? I got the sensor and speedo from different sources. I have the 'eye' connected to the speedo, but where does the module itself go? Maybe it will be clearer when I start plugging in all the connections.

IIRC, the module isn't really mounted. It is ty-wrapped to the wiring harness to the right of the cluster. Just loosely through the ring on the module and around the harness.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Thanks for the reply. On closer inspection, it looks like it might go between the the speedo cluster and the dash, where the bottom right fastener attatches the two. I can post a pic if anyone would like.

VSS Location

Thanks for the reply. On closer inspection, it looks like it might go between the the speedo cluster and the dash, where the bottom right fastener attatches the two. I can post a pic if anyone would like.

I would like to see a picture of just where the VSS needs to be attached.PLEASE!...this POS car am working on had the VSS behing the radio:mad:

Thanks
9sec