vehicle break in: please help!

sabotguyLV

.... how do I go about removing an old one...or, should I simply refer to my mechanic, Len Freeman? AJ

Sounds like Len would be the place to start. As you know he does good work, and will also give you good advise if that is what is needed.

Welcome to Vegas. Sorry about your misfortune. The local crooks love ungaraged TR's here. I will PM you the number of a local guy who had the same problems as you. I know he had it fixed local but can't rememer where.

Thanks Scott,
My super-secret method of car disabling ought keep it parked, but as for them getting in, I might as well leave it unlocked.

AJ

The easiest solution is to replace the column. They are plentiful. However, you'll want one that has the proper controls (cruise, etc.) . Swapping columns is pretty easy; I've done it. There is a local guy in Vegas that was selling column guards and had some leftover. Might get one of those too. I think his nickname is 1320 on the board here. I bought one and it's a good fitting piece.

Something fun to do but would suck if your forgot about it is this:

Stick a big ol knife under your seat so that the tip is almost poking the seat cover from under the seat. If anyone sits on the seat with it there you get raped by a big ol blade! That will teach the crooks!

James

Originally posted by bishir
Something fun to do but would suck if your forgot about it is this:

Stick a big ol knife under your seat so that the tip is almost poking the seat cover from under the seat. If anyone sits on the seat with it there you get raped by a big ol blade! That will teach the crooks!

James

What if you have a bad memory? :eek:

Yes, just get another complete column. Any G body column will work if needed quickly, 2 or 4 door. Don't you guys have any pic and pull yards there in your area? To R&R a column is a snap. Make sure you get everything with the column then just bolt up and plug in and you're good to go. ;)

Just before I bought my GN I had a monte that was broken into just as they did yours. I then went to the local autoparts store and bought a column guard that wraps the entire column to prevent a thief from breaking the column and manually started the car without a key. They still make this product but it is called something else as the original company was bought out. The name on the column I purchased is called CARGUARD but that was 5 yrs ago. Its very good insurance! Like 50-60 bucks and well worth it..

Mike Banas
87GN

guard

Kirban has a column pro-gard steering collar lock for $50.00. works very easy, and will stop the common a#$ h)@es from breaking the window and using a common screw driver to drive your car away.

Thanks for all of the replys!
OK, steering column is covered, but, what about my ignition? They jammed a screwdriver into it and now I can't even get my key to fit it? Any ideas on how difficult that is to replace?
Thanks again.
AJ

AJ, Give me a call tonight 580-8863. Im sure we can find a good column locally and fix it up.

the steering column ignition is cover by the guard, only reason i got the guard to cover the key opening.
Paul