VDO Water Temp Gauge Sending Unit

dand

I have a GNX style dash with all VDO gauges. Today I find the water temp gauge isn't working. Drove around all morning and the needle didn't move. I suspect the sending unit is gone. Do I need to buy the sending unit specifically for the VDO gauge or can I just get the temperature sending unit for the grand national light application at my local auto parts store. :confused:

Just went through this resently. Summit has a VDO Universal sensor kit that
that will fit your need.

Sending Unit

I have a GNX style dash with all VDO gauges. Today I find the water temp gauge isn't working. Drove around all morning and the needle didn't move. I suspect the sending unit is gone. Do I need to buy the sending unit specifically for the VDO gauge or can I just get the temperature sending unit for the grand national light application at my local auto parts store. :confused:

call kirban performance just had the same problem they have vdo sending unit good luck.

called Kirban today, they didn't have it so they directed me to Jay's GN who did have the sending unit in stock. does it have to be a VDO sending unit, or can it be another brand, just as long as the temp range is the same on the gauge?

You should be able to get one at NAPA.I got a VDO oil pressure sending unit there a couple months ago.They got it for me the next day, it wasn't in stock.

What

called Kirban today, they didn't have it so they directed me to Jay's GN who did have the sending unit in stock. does it have to be a VDO sending unit, or can it be another brand, just as long as the temp range is the same on the gauge?

you got to be kidding me i just got one from them not to long.

You should be able to get one at NAPA.I got a VDO oil pressure sending unit there a couple months ago.They got it for me the next day, it wasn't in stock.

Good Call! Checked out NAPA yesterday and are able to get it the next day, cheaper than online too
Thanks
Now hopefully after all this, it is indeed the sending unit