VDO Tach Install Question

arista5

Sold, and Replaced
Staff member
I bought a VDO 2 1/16'th Tach, and have run all the appropriate wires, it appeard to be correct however the needle when the car is tunning sits at the 0, i am directing focus at the signal wire, if anyone has this tach can you please send me a pic with the location of the signal wire? and let me know which dip switches you left on/off

thanks

from past searching i have found people connect it to the green connector with the 2 white wires on it behind the alternator, I removed my alt, and was only able to find one green connector (spade) and it had 2 wires , i connected my tach to it, but it is still not showing any rpm's

any assistance is GREATLY appreciated as it's driving me nuts...

i have mine there, but still no response from my tach, there is a dip switches behind it, but i am trying to figure it it's that or a bad connection that is my issue. does anyone knwo the correct congif on the switches?

The VDO tachs need to have the square wave mod done to them by VDO...

OR...

Give John Spina @ Casper's Electronics a call...He has a converter module for the VDO tachs...Here's a description from his website...

102007 VDO Tach Signal Converter Module This in-line converter is designed to accept the CCCI tach signal from the GM module, and amplify it to allow proper operation of VDO and other aftermarket tachometers. Three wires in, three wires out. The output of the unit plugs into the tach, and the input wires are for +12v, -12v and TACH signal (white wire) from the CCCI module. $30.00

Here's the link... http://www.casperselectronics.com/cgi-local/store/commerce.cgi?product=INST It's towards the bottom of the page...I bought one, but haven't tried it out yet, because my car isn't running right now...

Hope this helps...