VDO GPS speed sensor

1KWIKV6

Anyone using one of these ? I have a custom, one off ,GNX style dash with VDO guages in my 87 GN. I'm running the speedo with one of Caspers hall effect senders. I've had issues off and on with the converter locking and unlocking at cruising speeds. I not only feel it but the tach jumps about 200 rpm and the scan master reading for mph jumps 8-10 mph under actual speed. Contacted Caspers and their sender is no longer available and his thought was its a bad sensor. VDO tech help said GN's electrical system and VDO gauges don't always play nicely together. VDO recommended their GPS speed sensor. Thoughts on this ?

I have a similar GNX syle dash using VDO vision gauges...Mounted the stock VSS in a old Buick speedo housing, and used its output signal, to feed the VDO Vision speedometer...works great!!
Photo courtesy of original poster...All you need is the speedo housing, the spinning bar...triggers the VSS..I mounted mine is a small can...uses the orig speedo cable..

I have a similar GNX syle dash using VDO vision gauges...Mounted the stock VSS in a old Buick speedo housing, and used its output signal, to feed the VDO Vision speedometer...works great!!
Photo courtesy of original poster...All you need is the speedo housing, the spinning bar...triggers the VSS..I mounted mine is a small can...uses the orig speedo cable..
You're talking at the speedo head and I think his sensor is on the trans.

Using the stock VSS eliminates, a lot of problems, cruise works, not to mention, less expensive..
.stock speedo cable used...
The stock speedo head transmits a 2 pulse signal, which the cruise, and VDO Vision Elect speedo can use for reference...

So, he would have to put the spedometer cable/jacket back in, put the OEM speedometer drive gear back in at the trans, pull the cluster, and hope he has his old speedometer housing. And that's OK, just trying to figure out your setup compared to what he has.

My stock VSS uses the factory 2 pulse reference for both the VDO Vision speedo, and the factory cruise control...
Most of the parts are reused from the orig factory install..Cost is minimal for a used speedo head to modify..
The 2 pulse feed for the speedo is taken off the feed to the computer from the VSS..
Brown wire if my memory is correct..
My cost is about $20 for a used speedo housing, ..

Thanks for the replies but not looking to change out anything at this point. Funny, when I did the restoration a few years ago I had this dash fabricated and also put in a repro turn signal stalk. I lost my cruise control and wiper washer. Wipers worked fine but no washer or cruise. Thought the stalk may be bad. But, could the Caspers , 3 wire, 16 pulse hall effect sensor be the reason I lost the cruise control and just by coincidence the washer pump motor failed? Is it even possible at this point to have a non cable driven speedo and a working cruise control?