Vdo Gauge Hookup To Vss

1buick

Can anyone please post pic of the vss hook up to the transmission and the vdo speedometer. I am going to install one and I need some help installing this. The car did not have a working speedo when I purchased it. I can get no help at all from the person I purchased the car from. Won't even answer his phone after I paid him for the car. I did not expect this kind of conduct from a former Buick owner. Please post pics or direct me to a website with info. Thanks guys.

VDO Speedo VSS Hookup

Can anyone please post pic of the vss hook up to the transmission and the vdo speedometer. I am going to install one and I need some help installing this. The car did not have a working speedo when I purchased it. I can get no help at all from the person I purchased the car from. Won't even answer his phone after I paid him for the car. I did not expect this kind of conduct from a former Buick owner. Please post pics or direct me to a website with info. Thanks guys.

VDO have made several different styles of speedos over the years. Guess it may depend on what type of VDO Speedometer you're installing. Mine is an older VDO Mechanical Speedo with mechanical trip odometer, however the newer ones are electronic and may be a different set up (I'm not sure).....best to give John Spina a call at Caspers, he's very knowledgable and I'm sure can help you with this project. You can buy the VSS VDO Sender (Feed Thru Style) and the VSS Convertor req'd at Caspers.....part #'s are 102049 for VSS VDO Sender and #102046 for VSS Convertor. The VSS Sender is installed on the speedo cable (under the hood, directly in front of firewall on drivers side) between the lower speedo cable coming out of transmission and the speedo cable going into your dash. If you're not familiar with Caspers' products they are at CRE Loaded 6 - CEI - Casper's Electronics, Inc.

dave

Thanks Dave, I am going to give caspers a call on monday to find out exactly what they recommend. I have a tt chip and without a working speedo I can't adjust my timing or fuel down low. The torque convertor won't lock up either.