Van Nuys Blvd Muscle Car Cruise 9/8/2010

818GN

Banned
There is a cruise that happens in Van Nuys, the 2nd Wednesday of every month. The vast majority is hot rods and muscle cars.

This cruise has been average several hundred cars each month, with more coming the past 2-3 months due to the nice weather. This has been happening regularly since last year, with no drama. Lots of families line the streets to watch the cars and take pics or video.

Van Nuys Cruise

Address

14440 Burbank Boulevard
Van Nuys, Ca

Van Nuys Blvd and Burbank Blvd
Ralphs Parking lot

Next to the old Rydell GM Dealership

Lots of Blown muscle cars, trailer queens, single digit cars, Chevelles, Novas, Mustangs, Camaro's, etc.

Usually 3-4 GN's or Turbo T's show up, but at times there is 2 or less, and they get a fair amount of attention when they do show, more so than than the run of the mill go fast cars.

Last month a 9 sec Red Turbo T showed and garnered lots of attention from the crowd.

Best of all, there are very few ricers (at least until way later) and LAPD supports this cruise, meaning they don't harass anyone.

Would be nice to see a line of Turbo Buicks going down the Blvd.

Anyone interested in going?

Thanks to all that came.

AL
1986TR
Miggy

There were a total of 4 GN's out, 1 Turbo Trans Am, and lots of other nice, built cars.

A large crowd showed up, they were 100-200 cars that rolled through from 7-10p last night.

Still can't get over the 1100hp S281 Mustang w/ the 88mm turbo on it. :eek:

Next month on October 13th is the next cruise.

Hopefully more GN and TR can make the drive.

I was out there in 1976 when it was just crazy with all the cars cruising Van Nuys. Really got me hooked on the car hobby. I had just bought my 66 Chevelle that year but my trip to CA sealed the deal, had to be a hot rodder.

Helped a friend stationed at Edwards air force base drive his Mustang back to CT when he was transferred to England. Flew out by jet and flew back in the Mustang. What a road trip that was. No cell phones, GPS, radar detectors, internet but we made it. And thanks to the two Kansas state troopers that bagged us twice.