Valve Tap?

QWIK4ASIX

Hi guys. I just bought this car and have a quick question. I was driving it today, laid into it for a bit, boost @ about 18psi. Scanmaster showed 1.2KR when I let out of it. I noticed shortly afterward that I now have what sounds an AWFUL lot like a nasty valve tap. Might just be my imagination, but I think the boost is not coming up as quickly either. Oil pressure is good, and the car isn't low on oil. The motor is pretty freshly rebuilt, maybe 1500 to 2000 miles after the build up. Mods are in my sig. Any tips on how to check to see if it is indeed valve tap or something more serious. I know which end of a wrench to hold, but don't have alot of experience with valves, heads, etc. Any advice on a first step would be great!!
Thanks,
Derek

If your not coming up on boost as fast - all of the sudden - you may have an exhaust leak. Exhaust leaks in these cars sounds a lot like tapping lifters. Many people have mistaken the leak for just that, try to repair/replace the top end and still have the leak. Check the headers carefully. Scrutinize every spot with a light. Then look at the block where they attach for carbon deposites. They leak there too.

Definately not an exhaust leak. New headers and no signs of cracks! A buddy told me it might be a stuck lifter? I don't know what the hell a lifter does or how to "unstick" it. Any ideas?

Pull the valve covers, and see if any of the rockers have worked loose. My last '87 had that problem soon after I got it.

Thanks, guys. Prolly a loose rocker from what I'm hearing around here as well as your advice. The motor was just rebuilt, and I was told to check all of the rockers to see if they were still torqued down correctly.
Thanks again,
Derek