Valve spring advise

forcefed3.8's

Buckeye Bullet
I am putting together a 274" on center engine with ported GN1's. I will be running a 224 billet hydraulic roller from Weber but running it with solid roller lifters for the offset. I plan on running the engine to 6500 to 6700. What open/seat pressures should I look for? Lift is .574 with 1.6 rockers.

I am putting together a 274" on center engine with ported GN1's. I will be running a 224 billet hydraulic roller from Weber but running it with solid roller lifters for the offset. I plan on running the engine to 6500 to 6700. What open/seat pressures should I look for? Lift is .574 with 1.6 rockers.

I run my car in that range, and now using 190# on the seat.

If you need more info, just give me a call. :smile:

I'm running a PAC beehive BBC spring. I run around 225 at the seat @ around 1.800 install height. Some of the heavy hitters run around 300 plus at the seat.

Bring this back up. I am ready to order springs. I will have titanium retainers. The heads are GN1's with 1.9/1.6 valves.

I am looking in the 600 range open. I found some Comps that fit the bill, but am afraid of Comp's quality lately.