Value ? 1969 camaro convertible 307

fastlikeanascar

Its never fast enough !!
found a 1969 camaro convertible. original owner , in perfect condition. Burnish brown, white interior , white top. the car is about a 9-10... original everything all matching numbers, & paperwork dated back to when he bought the car..

he's asking for $25k whats it worth. sorry I dont have pics. but the car looks like something out of a book..

My bud bought 1, back when things were "good". He paid $26K.
I think he got had...Too much shoddy work, incorrect "stuff" on it.[fake SS, etc.]
With the econ like it is, and that car being 100% correct/original, I'd think something close to $20K, especially if it's a plain jane...

I have an original matching #'s '70 Buick GS455 for $21,000 if that interests you? It's in the Cars For Sale section on this site. Authentic with paperwork to back it up.

That sounds like a nice car you found. I agree with Chuck that $20,000 may be more in line.

Its worth whatever you think a brown, slow, old Camaro, is worth.

If you were going to buy it and use it like a car, it's worth about $5000, meaning you can buy a better driving convertible for about $5000.

If you are going to buy it for an "investment", forget it. At $25K, it will only appreciate if you turn it into an SS clone which will cost more than you will get out of it.

In 2 years, $25K will get you a 2011 V6 Camaro Convertible that will DESTROY a 1969 307 Camaro convertible in every aspect of the automobile experience, and you would be able to get it colors other than brown. Someone will still think their '69 307 Camaro is somehow worth more, for some reason, though.

Speaking as a guy who used to have a bunch of Muscle cars, people that pay "full Sentimental value" for Muscle cars, especially the versions that 1) aren't special 2) aren't rare and/or 3) aren't fast, have mental disorder.

NADA has it listed from $12k to $41k depending on condition and with a 350. Since it's a 307 and not a better engine I'd say he's way over priced.

even tho its ugly, burnished brown is a rare factory 69 color and fairly desirable. If it has all original panels and is solid I'd say its worth every penny. I think you are on the wrong site to be asking that question...
I have a 69 rs ss 396 convertible that was originally burnished brown but somebody changed it to white. I've had MANY camaro collectors tell me i need to repaint it back. I restore and modify camaros for a living (carsbyss.com) and Would jump all over that car for that price if it was driving distance where I could inspect it first.
Two years ago 20 grand would buy you junk in a 69 convertible. Let the market turn around and it WILL make you good money.
Just my opinion. Steve Keech sarasota florida

Attachments

• P1010264.jpg
    P1010264.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,999
People like the ones that think a ugly brown 69 vert is worth less than a new 2011 camaro are the ones people with alot more knowledge prey on..A 2011 camaro may be faster and handle better out of the box but its still not a one of one year like the 69 was,and convertables in a 69 are worth more than ANY new camaro would be worth...anyday..1st gen,no one likes last place:wink: No matter what comes after,there can only be 1,1st gen....Buy it,it will go up in value..If I bought a new camaro,id be exspecting to drive it and have fun with it and realize its going down in value EVERY day and Ill never get what I paid for it..

I think the color combo is awesome. The 307 not.

Original owner should have the POP(protecto plate).

The positives are original owner, condition, and convertible.

Make a offer around $18-20k. Post some pics too.

I'm going to also agree, $26k is too much. Unfortunatley 1969 Camaros are probably the most expensive Camaro and it seems anyone that has one for sale wants a gold mine for it.

1969 Camaros are nice and so are convertibles, but that's about the only thing going for it.

If it's a factory 307 car, it's clearly not an SS and it most likely has 4 wheel drum brakes, possibly without the aid of a power booster.

Nothing wrong with a 307 (not to be confused with the Olds 307 BTW-they're NOT the same engine)......they're essentially a 283 block with a 327 crank....keep oil in them and they'll run FOREVER....but they only made 200 hp gross (130 net) and about 95 hp maybe to the rear drive wheels....so yes they're grandma slow....fed by a 2 barrel Rochester carb for good fuel economy (per 1969 standards) and a breaker style points ignition.

I can't speak on the color....I haven't seen many, if any Burnished Brown 1969 Camaros. I'm guessing this must be it?:

1969burnishedcopomed.jpg

1967 - 1969 Camaro factory paint

yeah... its funny. People either love the burnished brown or HATE it. I really like all the colors ok as long as the car is nice. Its about the quality to me.
course I'd rather have hugger orange than brown.... He He... Steve

Hey Steve....since you are a Camaro restorer, how much would you say this is worth as is? (guesstimate):

RayHardcastle69Camaro.jpg

69Camarorear.jpg

Been sitting for years, Indiana car, needs rockers, needs quarters (bondo is trialed on and falling off), needs header panel, needs engine rebuilt (cylinders rusted up) needs transmission redone (2nd gear is out), needs interior redone (headliner fell down, seats need recovered, dash cap broken off, smells like mildew)....car is a standard Camaro, 4 wheel drums, 10 bolt rear, believed to have started life as a manual trans, original color was Le Mans blue....

Hey Steve....since you are a Camaro restorer, how much would you say this is worth as is? (guesstimate):

RayHardcastle69Camaro.jpg

69Camarorear.jpg

Been sitting for years, Indiana car, needs rockers, needs quarters (bondo is trialed on and falling off), needs header panel, needs engine rebuilt (cylinders rusted up) needs transmission redone (2nd gear is out), needs interior redone (headliner fell down, seats need recovered, dash cap broken off, smells like mildew)....car is a standard Camaro, 4 wheel drums, 10 bolt rear, believed to have started life as a manual trans, original color was Le Mans blue....

A first gen camaro price is based on what a buyer is willing to pay along with how bad the seller really wants to sell it...Id guess 3-6k by what you have described...Put your price on it and just wait,someone will buy..Steve will know a better guestimate..