Vacuum brake conversion

hiboom

Hiboom
Anyone have trouble getting the booster eyelet connected to the petal today I fought it for 30 minutes laying upside down with bifocals is not my idea of having fun round 1 I lost bloody hands and defeated lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I did the hydroboost, I had to unbolt the pedal, hook the eye and then bolt the pedal back on. Vac may be different but it doesnt sound like it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

When I did the hydroboost, I had to unbolt the pedal, hook the eye and then bolt the pedal back on. Vac may be different but it doesnt sound like it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
yea that's about where i'm at going to take a day or two of recovering crawling upside down under the dash isn't my idea of having fun

I use to say that when i use to have to work on imports I always accused the people assembling them across the ocean of having small hands LOL I have short stubby fingers which don't help along with ageing eyes.

remove the driver seat! now you can lay on your back , feet on the rear seat,
( be sure to put a blanket over the seat studs)
and ........ turn your bifocals upside down,

multiple times,
every turbo buick I get, gets a vac brake setup.
and the glasses trick helps alot,
( I had lasic eye surgery , so no more glasses)

Stupid question but did you change the pedal assembly? There is a difference between the vacuum and powermaster pedals unless you bought the Kirban booster that has the correct offset on rod.

I have little girl hands but I still got a few cuts and scrapes from the vacuum conversion. The pedal is indeed the worst part, especially the part where you have to bolt it back in at the pivot point above the rod pin.If I had to do it again I would do as suggested above, remove the driver seat entirely. The hassle of doing that will be worth it by way of more comfort and less contortioning. I'm 5'6" and don't wear glasses but it still wasn't too fun.

At 6'-2" and 250 lbs, this was no cake walk for me. I did the conversion in the wife's T years ago and did change the pedal also. And yes, getting that pin through the rod was bloody hell! Getting everything loose first did help, finally.

Stupid question but did you change the pedal assembly? There is a difference between the vacuum and powermaster pedals unless you bought the Kirban booster that has the correct offset on rod.
already had vacuum setup just trying different booster.

multiple times,
every turbo buick I get, gets a vac brake setup.
and the glasses trick helps alot,
( I had lasic eye surgery , so no more glasses)
I've only had glasses for 2 years and bifocals about a year I just use reading glasses when under the dash don't know if i'll ever get use to them