vacuum block gasket ?

dfirefighter

it seems like i have to change this once a year. ill start to get high BLM's spray throtle ody cleaner around the gasket of the vacuum block and the BLM's shoot down. so i change the gasket and all better.

is there a better gasket to use? anyone try the black gasket maker stuff?

any suggestions?:confused:

Sounds like your vacuum block is warped. You shouldn't have to change the gasket every year. Get an aftermarket aluminum one.

You might try laying sandpaper on a sheet of glass. After a couple of passes it should be apparent if it's flat or not.

Give it a try, even aluminum is susceptable to warping....the glass/sandpaper is the first thing i'd try.

what i mean by not following, is that i dont understand what i need to do.
i dont understand what glass and sandpaper to use and where.

I smear a very THIN coat of black RTV on both sides of the gasket...just enough to glue it on there without excess RTV oozing out the sides. This works best for me.

I completely misread your reply. I beleive he meant to find a piece of glass and tape some sandpaper to it. That way you have a true flat surface to sand the vac block against.

Yeah, I meant to use a pane of glass, tape sandpaper to it, and then you can lay the machined side flat on the paper and work it back and forth. A poor mans mill.