Vacation in Gulf Shores, AL

scrobbyd

I need some advise on how to get the best bang for my buck on a beach house rental in Gulf Shores AL or surrounding areas even Pensacola. It seems that most everything is booked or ridiculously over priced. I've looked on VRBO, Craigslist and a few other places but its almost like the same listings but different websites. Is there a local listings type of bargain news paper or better websites? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Try Al.com all things Alabama. I used to go to college in Mobile, about 45min away. Fun area. Had a musclecar museum down there but was a few years ago since I have been down there. I can recommend some places to visit in Mobile. Do the Battle ship, and some good BBQ places i can recommend as well. Go to Oyster House for fresh oysters and damn good bloody marys. On Dauphin Street. Saucy Q bbq or Brick Pit on Old Shell. Like a mini New Orleans. Cleaner!

We did one of the Phoenix condos last year, not too expensive. It's our favorite vacation spot.

Eat at Felix on the 'causeway after you visit the AL Battleship park. But honestly, I think Destin is a much nicer getaway place.

Well it's looks like its gonna be Destin FL, my wife reserved a beach house today. Thanks for the input guys! If anyone knows of somethings that I shouldn't miss out on while in Destin let me know. Thanks again

You can do all things listed above....don't forget the nat. Museum of Naval Aviation. Fort Pickens, etc. Also, the warmer it gets, the smaller the bikinis on the beaches. Have a good time!

Man, I sure liked Destin...25 years ago. We drove through there about 5 yrs ago and there was nothing but 20 story high-rises and 6 lane highways. I'd imagine it's like driving in LA or DC!

Destin is nicer than Gulf Shores but also more crowded. We usually go to Orange Beach/Gulf Shores to avoid the long waits in the eating joints.