V-Twin Hybrid

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
Here Is my Completely Free Hybrid.:confused: :biggrin: :

The Specs:
-2000 Murry Lawn Mover (Found waiting for garbage truck:eek: )
-18 HP V-Twin Engine (In mower needed new external starter relay had one hanging around in the shop started right up:biggrin: )
-Garret GT-17 turbo ( work at a GM/SAAB dealer and have 3 in my garage that have very small oil seal leaks,made an external tank oiling system with an electronic oil pump, waste gate permanently closed)
-Welded Lincoln Locker in the rear
-Custom Engine Back exhaust (piping scored from local farmer)
-7in. Smaller Rear pulley on 6 speed trans.(got from a friend)
-foot throttle
-Drilled main jet, to get rid of lean out and dying issues at WOT
-Deleted mower deck
Top speed: About 45MPH depending on driver weight!
Boost: 2PSI at about 7000 RPM Everyone loves the turbo spool sound LOL!:cool:

Complete Turbo Mover Price: $0
Me wasting my time to build a Redneck Lawnmower: Priceless. Oh ya i still pull the lawn sweeper with it!!! It only took about 1-2 days to build..LOL

Attachments

• Turbo lawn mower 1.jpg
    Turbo lawn mower 1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 293
  • Turbo lawn mover 2.jpg
    Turbo lawn mover 2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 251
Install an alky kit and raise up the boost!

Thats fine i have one of me just getting on it a little and one of some revving were you can hear the turbo, i have to convert them to WMP when i get a chance now they are quicktime!

,Dan

did you convert the carb to a blow through setup? doesnt it normally get full in the carb by vaccum? how did you get this to work?

It is a blow through setup. Right after the setup was finished i went for a ride and at WOT it would just die because of extreme lean conditions, we went back to the shop and pulled the bowl on the carb and maid the main jet larger and left the pilot alone. Now it idles good, but it has to be full throttle or idle, because as soon as the throttle is opened a little it is way rich but after i slight stumble it takes off. I would get some pics of it, but it is winter and it is stuffed in storage, so i could get my Polaris XLT home.

,Dan