V-Band Clamps for SS ATR Headers Needed!!

Old_Man_HyPsi87

I need help on this one guys!!! Tell me where to buy them!!!
send me your links or info or input...anything!!!
IT shouldn't be a big deal to get these but I am struggling a bit here!!!
H E L P !!! :smile:

Good luck finding them. Apair just sold on ebay last week for $80.00 each. They are an oddball clamp.

Little feedback...not so comforting HMMM...

Okay,
Steve and Glen, thanks for your input, guess I need to dig in here and get
serious!
I NEVER SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A BASKETCASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER LEARN!!!!!!! (bash bash bash) head hitting wall!!! :mad:

I will not give up on this! Somebody out there has got to have a solution.

Or we need to do something different, I refuse to let a STUPID CLAMP...kick my BUTT !!! :mad:
Thanks guys,
Jeff

Since your headers are apart :)-)) what is the diameter of the tubing and what is the outside diameter of the flange and the thickness of the flange? Just wondering if I could find something that would work.

From the dimensions Jeff sent me (originally taken by Bob Kohlhouse), the flange od is 2.71" and the pipe OD is 2.14". It is not really clear on burns stainless' web site if the diameter they list is the flange od or pipe od, but my guess is that it is the flange od and therefore you need the 2-3/4" clamp. If anyone buys one, please confirm this for all of us. I found a couple of online turbo suppliers with prices down under $30 each, but they only carried the 2.5 and 3" sizes. I'll keep looking.

still searching

I received a response back from www.verociousmotorsports.com
you can get to them on ebay as well. It looks like they have a clamp that will work. $32 and some change/ each. I have a set coming soon from an individual that must be a "hell of a nice guy" !
My cost is shipping only, hopefully these will be the right size. If not...well I will look into the previous supplier. Once I have good results I will fill you guys in on what can be used. Thanks everyone, for the help!

Good job. That was one supplier I found but on their website they don't list the 2.75" size - are you getting the 2.25" or do they have the 2.75 and just didn't list it?

Response from verociousmotorsports

I had sent them exact dimensions and they did not respond, so I contacted them again. This was the reply I got back.

Jeff,
I apologize for the delay. I though that I had answered you e-mail. I think that the VBC-200 clamp which is our 2 inch version will work. Vibrant says that it will take a 2.6 OD flange. The next size is the VBC-225 whick takes a 2.85 OD flange. It may not tighen up before bottoming out. You can find the clamps on our on-line store at www.verociousmotorsports.com

One of the distributors we buy from at work carries breeze clamps, and their website list V band clamps, so I was pretty hopeful I could get something from them at a good price. Well, didn't work out. The smallest they make fits a 2.88" flange OD, sigh. Looks like verocious is the way to go - please post when you get them so we know how well they fit and what the correct size to get is. Thanks, guys.

KB headers are very similar...I bought 2.5" v-band from a friend at a local muffler shop. He stocks them in 3" & 4" but has to order anything smaller. I have a 2.25" on the shelf that was $10 to me...it didn't fit mine. You are welcome to try it if you want to pay $10 + shipping to get it to you.

I hate to even say the dodge name. but they use v clamps to hold their catyltic converters to the exhaust manifold on their 2.7 and 3.5 v6 engines. i dont know if they will work but stop by dodge and check out the size. they probably have them in stock.I promise ill never say dodge again on this site. :eek:

sorry to bring back the old stuff,but did you guys ever find anything that worked? my atr headers have an i.d of 2.12",an o.d. of 2.25" and the flange o.d. is 3.00" anyone have an idea? any leads would be greatly appreciated.