V-1 users install?

StagedGN

Finally got around to install this thing and my question is what are you guys using for the bottom bracket that bolts to the rad core support?

Had to redrill the bracket that comes with the V-1 ,it didnt even come close to fitting , the grill was also very tight againts the I/C

I drilled holes in the top part of the engine bay and used long ass bolts along with the bolt supplied to attach at the loop at the bottom. It is a very tight fit and I don't have an A/C condenser.

you mean it comes with a bracket ? didnt get one needless to say but what does it look like?

A 2" wide alumn "L" shaped bracket , bolts to the bottom of the i/c and to the core support ,there is a hole already in the core support

On the intercoooler itself it doesn't have a little bracket on the bottom? I know I've had some fitment problems with his stuff, but nothing a bowl, 30 pack of OldStyle, and sawzall couldn't fix. :D

Originally posted by TRYMY231S
On the intercoooler itself it doesn't have a little bracket on the bottom? I know I've had some fitment problems with his stuff, but nothing a bowl, 30 pack of OldStyle, and sawzall couldn't fix. :D

dude ur killing me! LMO!:D

send us a fax/drawing/etc...

we can help...take some measurements on YOUR setup, draw a quick pic, and let us know what you need. I can fab something up quick...no charge just pay shipping back or come pick it up.

my Email is keith@measeperformance.com

thanks, <KM@>MPE

Thanks for the help I think I have it figured out with some flat stock and a few 5/16 bolts the uppers handle most of the weight and the lowers are more or less for lateral support.I also took that useless deflector thats mounted on the grill and chucked it.That created a ton of more room.

After I put my V1 in I noticed that the bottom 1/2 to 1/3 of the intercooler doesn't get any direct air. (Grill area too small.)

I cut an elongated hole in the glass front bumper and boxed in the whole thing.

The open area of an intercooler is usually less than 50%, so you actually only need an opening in front of it that is half the size of the core. Boxing it back in like Buick did the stock front, with those sheet of stiff rubber, really helps with both intercooler and radiator cooling - on the highway it can be worth 10 degrees lower coolant temps.