USGI M-1 Carbine...

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Thinking this will be my next acquisition, anybody got one? I'll be looking for something shootable (but not all banged up) that won't lose it's value...

I don't have one......not yet. I have shot both an M1 and Full auto M2 (WWII vintage). Nice guns with a lot of history. Definitely on my list

I've got a Saginaw S'G' and a Quality Hardware. The Q H was loaned to the German police after the war. Then the German police loaned it to the Austrians who returned it to the US Army. The Army then gave it to the Civilian Marksmanship who in turn sold it to me. That little carbine is in great shape!
One thing you have to watch out for, new made carbines being sold as WWII issue. Cabelas here in Grandville, Mi. had one in their Gun Library last summer. If you want an original go online and get a list of the WWII manufacturers.
Good luck and happy hunting.

Earlier this week, I thought to place a want-ad in our local online market and got a call within 30 minutes. Unfortunately it didn't work out, the gun had been "worked on" by a hack. Too bad, it was a low 6 digit Inland with a 10-42 barrel. Next day I went to a local gun show and found a guy walking the floor with a late 6.9 mil Inland (barrel marked 2-45) and ended up buying it. Always on the prowl for another!
100_3297s.jpg

A .308 round in the muzzle sticks out about 3/16" to 1/4", looking in the muzzle with an LED flash in the chamber looks great. Don't know how guys manage to get pix of a bore, my cam's minimum focus is around 10-12"...