upgrades

jwheelz1212

hey guys i got a 86 gn with 64000 miles on it me and my dad have been restoring for a couple years now. i love the car, i have done some upgrades like a hot wire kit, new fuel pump, cat back exhaust, garret ta 49, cold air intake, vacuum break conversion, bigger inlet for the stock inter cooler, 4 core radiator, and so on, im just trying to figure out what my next step should be, any help would be greatly appreciated

p.s. i gotta beat my roommates 383 lt1 caprice this spring! haha :D

fuel pressure Gage,turbo tweak computer chip (or equivalent)injectors, scan tool to monitor engine function

my competition haha

Attachments

• 29789_1453449056629_1245360052_1342049_741087_n.jpg
    29789_1453449056629_1245360052_1342049_741087_n.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 179
Agreed with a turbo tweak chip

+2

The alky kit will allow you to run over 23 psi properly tuned on pump gas with the 49..... should make 100 more HP over the car at stock boost levels. It will feel like you bolted in a 502 big block.....

I would list all of your mods in your signature so we can see everything that you have done to the car.I think what is mostly important before any performance part is a well tuned,mechanically sound car,so a ScanMaster II,boost,oil pressure,water temp and hood mounted fuel pressure gauge should be your bare minimal you should have.You need to know what's going on inside your motor.Once you are comfortable tuning with the ScanMaster you can incorporate a Power Logger and a wide band O2 so you can log O2's,boost,fuel pressure,ect. and tune for maximum power safely.Last but not least don't throw a bunch of performance parts at your car at one time,you need to see how each part effects your car by itself and whether or not it's making you more power.

Looks like a good start from what's listed. Other common mods are a downpipe, maf/translator, chip and injectors and alky. But the best advice is to get a scan tool and understand what the numbers mean.

thank guys alot, im only 20 years old and am currently at Alfred state for auotbody and am going to take motorsports next year, just worked really hard on this car for along time and its finally coming along, i love this car more than anything, and i love reading up on the board and seeing what everyone is doing with the gns, i know its gonna be a long time before i can find enough money to do all i want to the car just wanna have a game plan

thanks i got a good idea what to do now

thank guys alot, im only 20 years old and am currently at Alfred state for auotbody and am going to take motorsports next year, just worked really hard on this car for along time and its finally coming along, i love this car more than anything, and i love reading up on the board and seeing what everyone is doing with the gns, i know its gonna be a long time before i can find enough money to do all i want to the car just wanna have a game plan

thanks i got a good idea what to do now

Congrats on your first turbo regal! Have fun...