Update? Please!

Scott231

Mean Scott
So when are we going to see an upgrade to the bulletin board software used here at TB.com? Shirley there is a newer version that would allow us to 'pick-n-choose' which forums are included in a new posts search.

How about adding other forums as well to filter out some of the crap? Unfortunely people often post good topics to the Turbo Lounge and those get mucked up with the crap about What do you put on a Hot Dog?, Jet Skis, or war-related questions; all of which have nothing to do with Turbo Buicks. As such, how about a Turbo Lounge and a Lounge-Lounge for the real off-topic stuff that we can filter out (with a software upgrade of course)?

Originally posted by Scott231
So when are we going to see an upgrade to the bulletin board software used here at TB.com? Shirley there is a newer version that would allow us to 'pick-n-choose' which forums are included in a new posts search.

We are running the latest stable software available. When a stable update is realeased, we will implement it.

How about adding other forums as well to filter out some of the crap? Unfortunely people often post good topics to the Turbo Lounge and those get mucked up with the crap about What do you put on a Hot Dog?, Jet Skis, or war-related questions; all of which have nothing to do with Turbo Buicks. As such, how about a Turbo Lounge and a Lounge-Lounge for the real off-topic stuff that we can filter out (with a software upgrade of course)?

That is what the Lounge is for...non-technical and non-Buick posts. No sense in creating yet another forum for the same thing.

Re: Re: Update? Please!

Originally posted by JasonD
That is what the Lounge is for...non-technical and non-Buick posts. No sense in creating yet another forum for the same thing.
You missed my point. All too often there are good valid, possibly technical, posts to the Turbo Lounge (e.g., look at the first two stickies in there - Event News, no? or Finally made it to the track with my TTA). I'd have to say that the moderators (especially TurboDave) do an exemplary job of often moving posts between forums where appropriate. :cool:

Glad to hear you do have the latest "stable" software. :) I'd still like to filter out the off-topic stuff. If people want to get their news from here that's their biz, but I'm not counting on TB.com for informaiton on Terrorist attack safety measures for instance. JMO.