Update-HyPsi 87(Andy Filson)Honor

Old_Man_HyPsi87

Hello everyone,
I want to thank you for all the kind things that have been said about Andy.
Here is an update to what we are doing.

Jason and I got Andy's GN in the garage and started the task of turning it into a 9 second drag car. We removed the hood,trunk lid, doors, interior,power steering unit, a/c-heater box, a/c lines,etc. As far as details on what is to be installed, I am a little sketchy, but a Stage II racing engine for sure,narrowed rear end and tubs with a four link(pretty sure),fiberglass doors and hood, and probably a lot more than I can imagine!
I am going to end up with a GN of my own, in honor of Andy.
It will end up being a more streetable car with some goodies under the hood, mostly stuff from Andy's car, and I want it to have working a/c,cruise, and the luxury stuff. After all, I am the "Old Man" !
I want it to be a car that can be presentable in car shows, cruise-ins,
with maybe an occasional run down the track
It will have new paint with some kind of script as such" In Honor of Andy" I am not quite sure what exactly yet, but something.
Jason and I are going next week to pick up my car in Tennesee, it is supposed to be a rust free '87 T-top GN(sweet) :biggrin:
but the motor is blown, so we have some work to do there. But all in all
it is what will be done...one way or another.
In spite of the negativity of losing Andy, I am excited to get these two
projects progressing, the last "Toy" car that I had was a 1973 Mach I
351 Cleveland, it was a nice car in the end, but I was in the U.S. Navy
couldn't afford the gas money (embarrassed to admit!) :confused: so I traded it for a 1978 Ford Pinto-Bright Orange with a black interior and it was a hatchback. What was I thinking!...At least I could afford the gas?
Andy and I have discussed this story in the past many times, we both walk away shaking our heads...
Anyway, gotta go , got work to do! Updates coming as soon as I get them. Take Care, Be Safe, and God Bless...
Jeff

That is awesome Jeff, you know, we are all behind you guys. I can’t wait to see you guys finish both of your projects. I hope poor Jason stays together in his head with all the pressure that has been placed upon him. Many people don’t realize what type of Financial and Mental strain it is to build a stage car right; you are only left with the shell, frame and minimal miscellaneous stuff from the original car. The rest of the stuff has to be replaced with stronger and better parts; therefore the financial strain is tremendous. I have been trying to build a stage car for the past three years and I am no where near completion. Hats off to Jason for his dedication and determination to accomplish Andy’s dreams. Let us do everything we can to support Jason to get Andy’s car ready for Bowling Green next year in his honor. I know there are so many people who have stepped up and either donated or sold stuff cheep enough to Jason so he can accomplish this task. I thank you kindly for your consideration and generosity. It is very important that the trend continues, without out that, it will be very difficult for Jason to accomplish this mammoth of a task.

Prasad

Any help is not too small

Prasad,
How are you my friend...
Jason's pressure level is a big concern of mine as well, he is spinning in circles
somewhat, I hope he gets to a point of focus and satisfaction, soon.

It is difficult for me to input as much help as I wish to, just because of
distance apart, with gas prices the way they are, I have to make my trips
overthere really count. I can't just go over there for a couple hours, although
there may be days like that.

It doesn't help when he is working 3rd shift like he is, on a temp basis. That alone will turn your world upside down for awhile. Even when there is no pressure on you.
I am going over this weekend to hopefully get his riding mower running, so at least the yard can be mowed easier, I can't believe he mows that big yard with a pushmower...thats just nuts!! :eek:
also we still have alot of organizing to do yet.
I brought some shelving units over there, and need to put them together also.
It all seems chaotic right now but one step at a time and it will start to fall into place.
Talk to you soon, gotta go... Thanks again,
Jeff