Up-pipe and downpipe are leaking... suggestions?

D

dave84gn

Just put my engine back in and got it running (horray!)... but now I've got pretty significant leaks from both my uppipe and downpipe, where they connect to the turbo.

For the uppipe I've got the 1/2" thick (metal?) tapered triangle gasket that fits against the turbo and the uppipe tightens onto it. I get leaks from the top of the uppipe and the bottom passenger side. I tried unbolting the pipe and rotating the three-bolt sleeve into all 3 possible positions and still had the same leaks.

Downpipe: I've got one small/thin metal fitting that goes inside the turbo (is there more?). downpipe is leaking quite a bit from the bottom. I've tried unbolting it and rebolting many times.

Is there any sort of exhaust gasket maker/sealer I can use to fix up these leaks? Or, am I missing some gaskets or something?

Thx!

Dave

My down pipe seals good with the stock seal, but my up pipe leaks at the header , i used high temp sealer and tight it down a lot. Did you get the copper gasket for the up pipe , i have one that i bought from atr and it seals great.

good luck