Up and running on ProEFI! Vids

GetOwnedVette

Got my car back from Sound Performance for the ProEFI install. I am happy to say the least. Nothing leaks and she sounds great to me. I was quite surprised since I put it together :p The car starts up great cold, good oil pressure, stays under 150, just have to wire up the fuel pump controller...hopefully it quiets it down at least a little at low rpm. Weldons are LOUD!!!

Car is running rich right now but only has a basic tune.Gotta put in my convertor and have a little trans work done before bothering with a dyno tune. Also painting the car isn't going to be an overnight task. I would like the dyno tune to be my last..shes finally done event.

Since there really isn't many videos of this computer actually running in one of our cars, but a good amount of discussion about it figured some videos would be cool! Once I familiarize myself with the display and software I will definitely talk more in depth about my experience and make more videos.

Just a little cold start video and a few 2k revs. Hope you all enjoy!

Also a big thanks to all the vendors and a few members on the board. This was a project that saw just about every vendor on here and many a years browsing the used parts section! Its nice to finally be on the home stretch!!

2lwan87.jpg

rhu91k.jpg

Vids

Omg you were not kidding, i would switch over to an A1000, that pump would push the shit out of me.
Bad ass ride tho dude!!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That fuel pump sounds like my neighborhood fire whistle. Very nice ride but me and that pump would never coexist.

Sweet! Is the old man gettin nervous yet? Maybe the wagon won't keep up!

Cool interface with the ProEFI. That pump though would drive me ape shit.

Weldon pumps are obnoxiously loud! The weldon pump controller will help some but I'd really switch to a different pump setup!

Hey whats up with the vac line from the blow off valve to the vacuum block?

How fast do you plan for this car to go? 8 second pump there.

When I chose most of the parts I kept in mind.. should my 109 ever have some catastrophic failure... ill just save up scratch for a built stage II. With that way of thinking I chose things that would allow me to make much more power than what Im going for with my current setup. I'm sure with the right suspension and rear end I could cut a high 9. I'm just going for low low 10s and be done with it. It will be mostly a street car so I don't want it at its limit 24/7. But I don't want to have to ever change anything besides dropping a motor in ever again. If the pump doesn't get significantly more quite with the controller I will definitely be looking at other options though. I want the car to surprise people on the street and currently there is no surprise with a pump this intense :p

Sweet! Is the old man gettin nervous yet? Maybe the wagon won't keep up!

Old man loves it...don't think I have him sweating much though. With a driver mod and 1/2 the power maybe ill catch him getting ice cream on the street one day and show him whose boss off the track :p

Hey whats up with the vac line from the blow off valve to the vacuum block?

Thats how you run them. Or do you have a question about what kind of vac line setup it is?

In regards to that I have 6 ports and only 2 being used. 1 for the bov and 1 for the FPR. It's a trick little block but I may just find an alternate way of running those 2 lines and just block it off.

Only things I have noticed so far is the bov is open at idle here and there. The spring currently in it is a 12-15 vac and im only making 9. So I think I need to switch to the black spring. In regards to that I always made ...ehh...12 vac before on the same motor. I switched a few things obviously. From a stock rocker to a 1.65.....would that cause my -3 drop in vac though? I checked everything except the vac brakes and havent found any leaks. Does 9 vac seem low on a 210/210 with 1.65 rockers? Without finding any leaks and it running well I guess just pick up a diff Tial spring...

Still playing around and looking for the cause of my low vac. I think I may hook up a mechanical gauge just to make sure the map sensor is good.

Well after doing some backwards thinking my bov being slightly opened with a 12/16lb spring wouldnt make sense if i had 8/9 vac. I checked every possible area for leaks and am good. Also my vac brakes feel good which would also be odd as such a low vac number. I finally just hooked up two separate mechanical gauges and both read -16. This made me feel much better and is a number making a bit more sense with my setup. I am now left with the question of why my map sensor is off by 50% :p

Seems to run very nice, however, as I stated before the software is not for me.........

Maybe it's reading negative boost and not inches of mercury, which would be half

Can you please post some logs, the pro efi software does not come with demo logs so I can see the logging capabilities...

Which weldon you running? I have the 2015. Mine was so loud is was unbearable then I found the fuel filters were clogged. Once I replaced them it made a world of a difference.