Unknown Plug ID

Bad Buick

GN Obsessed
I fished two plugs out of the top of my glove box yesterday. One was a white plug, the other was a smaller black plug. I think the black one is for the lighted vanity mirror, not sure what the white one is for. Neither was plugged in. Could someone help me out here? Thanks Dave

is there power to either plug- either full time or with the key on- and is either of them a ground wire?
it will take about 30 seconds to check this with a test light.

Yes they have power. My first thought was that the black one is for the lighted mirror because the mirror has the same kind of plug tucked down in the A piller trim. Maybe the white plug is for a power antenna? Dave

If one has power to it, it could be the plug that goes to the back of the power trunk release switch. Just a thought.

Bruce '87 Grand National

If it came from the top left side it would be for the Light sensor that would have been in the center of the speaker panel on the top of the dash if your car had the twilght sentinel feature which automatically turned in the headlights at dusk. If your car came with the factory security system then it has the basic harness that had wiring for this feature.:)