Underhood black paint on the core/rad support ?

TurboTR

sprayhead
I'm having the engine bay detailed on my met silver/burgundy int '87 T while the mill is out currently; some of the degreaser/cleaner got onto the black core/radiator support area and dulled the paint finish some <sigh>. This is a 45k original miles car that has been garaged its whole life. It still even has the original shocks, springs and rear brake linings on it (lol). It needs fixing and I'd like to refinish it in the correct factory black. Anyone know what this correct factory color is, if it is available, where, etc? And if not, a suitable alternative? Thanks very much in advance!

TurboTR

The home-depot sells a high glosss black EPOXY paint which comes in a spray can. it takes a while to dry.

Hmmm... more details please. How good a match is it for the original color and finish, etc? TIA

TurboTR

im not sure how close it is to original but i have had great look with Barbque pit paint. Its a matte black and can hold up to almost anything. Looks pretty good to me

Under the hood paint?

I use Eastwoods Under the Hood Black. Have had very stock results, looks great! about $10.00 a can. Try it you will love it!!!!

What i really hate is when I pop my hood at a car show and somebody notices the black paint under the hood isn't the same as from the factory. That really fries my butt! :mad: :p

I get mine right from my GM dealer. Spray cans/ GM-Goodwrench low gloss black. HTH. Brian

TurboTR said:
Has anyone here tried the Eastwood underhood black?

TurboTR

I have. It's good stuff. It has the right sheen and seems pretty durable. Goes on good too.