underdrive pully?

Kirban's Performance claims a .08 sec. improvement with their aluminum crank pulley, smaller and less reciprocating weight. I installed the kit a month ago on my daily driver, doesn't seem to have any down sides...no track times yet...

HTH - Jimmy

If inefficient cooling and extreme stress on the electrical system is what you're aiming for then they are worth every penny. However if improved performance and reduction of rotating weight is something that you are interested in the may I suggest a pulley from RJC racing.

oh great more choices.....

Originally posted by STAGE 2
If inefficient cooling and extreme stress on the electrical system is what you're aiming for then they are worth every penny. However if improved performance and reduction of rotating weight is something that you are interested in the may I suggest a pulley from RJC racing.

So the common Tiny underdrive and matching Alt. pulley isn't the way to go?

If inefficient cooling and extreme stress on the electrical system is what you're aiming for then they are worth every penny.
thats what i was thinking. just wanted to see what you guys thought before i got a set and then had problems or something. thanks

I have had an aluminum reduction pulley on my turbo Regal since it first appeared in the late 80's or early 90's. Can't say that there is any down side to it but I have never been able to see a performance improvement. I continue to use it because it is lighter than the stock replacement.

Originally posted by 87blackbuick
Are under drive pulleys worth the money or not really?

No. Waste of time. You won't have problem if you do but you won't gain enough for the hassle.

I agree with STAGE 2. Go with the RJC pulley system, they are stock size but lighter.

Originally posted by nicey623
I agree with STAGE 2. Go with the RJC pulley system, they are stock size but lighter.

Way Lighter.