Undercarriage detailling pics

lee01

1GR8MMBR
I want to clean up my undercarriage and I was wondering if anyone could share some pictures for reference.

Picture for 86-87 GN if it make a diffrence from the Ts

Some overall shot

Front to back, any color code, paint marks, label etc.

Gaz tank....black or silver??

This type of details.

under carraige

I did mine and ive found that the easiest thing to use while painting it is aluminum foil it wraps around every thing and you dont have to tape it sorry no pics And i used the oem frame paint flat black

Here are a few pictures of an untouched 800 mile car. As you can see the frames originally had a cosmoline/tar like coating on them which is tough to duplicate. Have seen gas tanks both silver and black.

Attachments

• Picture 197.jpg
    Picture 197.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,089
  • Picture 198.jpg
    Picture 198.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,092
  • Picture 189.jpg
    Picture 189.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,057
  • Picture 194.jpg
    Picture 194.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,088
  • Picture 190.jpg
    Picture 190.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,080
This may not be of much help to you because it does not exactly replicate how it came off the assembly line. But here are pictures of my undercarriage.

Work included:

Removed and stripped frame of all components, sandblasted, and then powder coated the bare frame.

Kept the original gas tank which on my particular car was silver, sandblasted the exterior and then painted silver with Eastwood's Tank Tone.

New replacement parts included: brake rotor shields, powedercoated calipers, rubber brake lines, porportioning valve, hard lines (went with stainless), all fasteners.

The exhaust is an ATR stainless purchased long ago. I spent many hours with it on the buffing wheel piece by piece.

The GNX differential cover was cleaned, and clear coated.

All of the suspension pieces were powder coated separately.

I had plans to repaint the floor pan, but it cleaned up suprisingly well with simple green and rags and I didn't think I could improve on it much by painting so I left it alone.

Attachments

• 2009-2.JPG
    2009-2.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 962
  • 2005.jpg
    2005.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 985
  • 2005-1.jpg
    2005-1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 965
  • Test Shots 558.jpg
    Test Shots 558.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 975
  • Test Shots 537.jpg
    Test Shots 537.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,032
More Pics

Few more shots of the undercarriage

Attachments

• Test Shots 555.jpg
    Test Shots 555.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,011
  • Test Shots 550.jpg
    Test Shots 550.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 967
  • Test Shots 542.jpg
    Test Shots 542.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 956
  • Test Shots 554.jpg
    Test Shots 554.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 954
  • Test Shots 553.jpg
    Test Shots 553.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,025
Yikes

That is art in the nicest way.:eek:Congrats.It is very nice to see that detail.:rolleyes:

I have to say that is one nice car;)

Thanks!

One day...... who am I kidding, beside myself!:rolleyes: Great work.:cool:
John

It could happen. It just may take longer than expected.
Thanks for the compliment.

Beautiful! But I just spent about a week installing my tranny to try to make it look as good as yours.
Scott

Thanks for the compliment. These things take time. I've got a week invested in the differential cover. :biggrin:

Lee - I see you are in QC. Look up EatsViper4Lunch - he's in Pierrefonds and has cleaned up his undercarriage nicely.

I was at this museum thanksgiving week and kept looking that GNX over and over again. Extra nice!

wow that GNX is soooo beautiful.

recently i was at cavalcade of customs show in cincy and the GM heritage collection owned GNX numero uno car number #001 of 547 was there!!!!!

i just stared in awe, it has 4120 miles on it. oh how i wish i could have that car lol