uncontrollable fuel pressure

shmed

ok i set the fuel pressure at 38 line off, go for a ride around get everything warmed up come home fuel is now 45.....
ok i reset it again down to 38 again..
go for etest fail
ok get in car its stumbling coughing etc???
ok make it home check everything out fuel is now at 24 line off??
what is going on??
any ideas..
thanks

Probably a bad regulator. Is it rebuildable? If so, take it apart, and see if any crud got into it. I had one that the spring had moved off of it's locator(I guess you could call it that), from loosening it too much, and that messed up my fuel pretty bad. Try this also, with the car running, pull the vacuum line off. I've seen them where they spit gas out, because the diaphragm ruptured. Not typical though.

well its a rebuilt accufab unit they rebuilt it this year.
i pulled the vac line off while running and nothing came out..
i did notice that when i pulled the vac line off the press gauge didnt change
i tried a few times and the same result

went out there a couple hours later and now the gauge reading changes when the line is removed..

Try taking it apart, and see if anything is plugging it up, and inspect the diaphragm. Make sure that the spring is properly located, and put it back together. See if that makes a difference. You will have to get a set of security torx bits. They look like regular bits with a hole in the middle. At least that is how my Accufab unit is held together.

Make sure your hoses and lines that go to the top of the plenum are in good shape. Might just have leaks.

Richard