Two questions??????

WARBIRD1989

Can anyone tell me at what point you should consider upgrading your mass air sensor? How fast can you go with the factory original, I am presently running 11's with no problem using the factory unit.

A second question, does anyone have a link for a wastegate controller (the check ball type) that uses a cable so you can regulate from inside the vehicle..

Thanks
Stephen

Steve,

I think I have an extra one of those boost controllers....Want me to see if I can find it?

leeb

Its gone....Have you looked in that box containing the MAF that I sent a couple months ago? If its not in there, I don't know where it went. :-/

Sinful6 used to have a few for sale....

leeb

EDIT:

Sinful6 is now a supporting vendor....Q Boost Controllers....You can find his contact information in the new VENDORS forum. :)

Originally posted by WARBIRD1989
Can anyone tell me at what point you should consider upgrading your mass air sensor? How fast can you go with the factory original, I am presently running 11's with no problem using the factory unit.

I dont think there is much reason for upgrading unless you want to run an extender or cant find a good original unit.

I personally went 10.69@125.8 through an untouched stock MAF, and if I ever get this damn car back together and running right again I hope to get those numbers down by about .7 seconds :D

HTH,
Steve

Like TTA 850 said, if your maf is going or gone and cant find an original go with the extender and translator. My maf was dying so i decided to be proactive and not sift through the junk out there and went with the extender.

I like the pro-active approach. Your MAF is getting older every day and getting a quliaty replacement is an issue. I took mine off my GN for exactly this reason.

In retrospect, I wish I would have bit the bullet and went with a FAST, but it's a big difference in money and not easy to swallow that bill!

MAF

Hi!
It's all about money. How much do you want to spend? I went to Autozone and bought a Cardone rebuild that is still ticking 20K miles later, no hiccups, no problems at all.I used the savings to buy other stuff the car could use.Bottomless pit, but you folks know that!
Dale