twinturbo v8 austin mini

fatbastard

hei fellas im new to this site and writing from iceland
i have a austin mini wich ive stuffed in a good ol buick 215 aluminium(rover 3,5L) with a gm 350 auto.
Im looking into a blowthrough twinturbo setup with a carbbox,
keeping things simple and affordable, so far im thinking 600 holley dp two garrett 3/4 hybrids msd boost retard, rising rate fuel regulator,and what then,,,,,,,

any suggestions and comments are well appreciated. thanx:D

no pics yet, need that stupid digital camera, costs like a set of slicks, ill choose the slicks;)

I have been wondering about that motor for a long time......
Does it bolt straight forward to the BOP transmission, or has Rover changed the bellhousing bolts?:cool:

bolt pattern

unfortunately yes the bolt pattern is a one of a kind 3,5 rover issue and fits absolutely nothing, you could use a buick or oldsmobile 215 block with std bop pattern to make things easy
or build an adapterplate like i did.

what about my combo, i plan running about 7-8 pounds boost
with a fabricated intercooler, will i need timing retard using this low boost on 98#pump gas (yes and we got 100# too,haha)
with an efficient intercooler and 8.25:1 compression:rolleyes:

sorry for the misspelling , guess i slept thru too many english classes at school:D

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think the distributor for the Rover 215 still is the same as Buick, and then I think it should be possible to adapt the little black timing retard box from the Turbo Regal, if you put a knock sensor on the engine. If it will work on a V-8? I don't know, maybe someone else here knows.

timing

i think you are right ill have to check on that,but this stuff is hard to come by here in freezewille, the rover uses lucas ignition system Thanx for the advice oyvi ill definitly concider this