Twin Turbo

bilt2run

It is unlikely that the porsche was fully engaging you. I own two GN's (one stage II) and the only thing that stricks fear into my heart is the awesome, crisp, and precisely controlled acceleration of my father's TT 03 porsche. It is insanely quick:cool:

You must be talking to me. Believe me, he was fully engaged. We only went to about 80 because of room, but up to that point, it was dead even and I mean, dead even. You think maybe he keeps a block under his gas pedal so he can look bad? Doesn't sound logical to me.

I can't say for sure what model it was......I don't pay any attention to Porsches. All I know for sure is all it said on the back of the car was TURBO........it leaped out of the gate like AWD, no other markings or badges. Checked the road and track website and posted the most likely suspect. ;)

TT

It was late thought I hit the reply button must have been the New post ooops.....

I am a confirmed car addict.. and until you have experienced the masterful acceleration of the AWD TIPtronoic Porsche life is not complete. All I can add is that the TT I speak of is not the z50 nor the GT3 and it laid waste to my Series One Shelby with the supercharger option!! Advertised 0-60 on that beast is 3.9... and we were dead even til he pulled me at about 70 MPH:eek: It would take my 109 powered GN no doubt!! However he opted for the carbon fiber option and it put him @ about 135k :eek: soooo dollar for dollar the GN is still the hands down winner. ;)

P.S. even the the NA 996's are quite a handful. I drove mine from Siesta Key back down to Ft Myers @ 186 MPH dead on floorboarded almost the entire way!!! It sat right below yellow line and the tach didn't move!! ( I-75 3 AM ) The car was hardly working and drove the same as it did @ 70 MPH!!! :eek:

???????????????????

You said:
P.S. even the the NA 996's are quite a handful. I drove mine from Siesta Key back down to Ft Myers @ 186 MPH dead on floorboarded almost the entire way!!! It sat right below yellow line and the tach didn't move!! ( I-75 3 AM ) The car was hardly working and drove the same as it did @ 70 MPH!!!

Then you said:
" The bull$hit stops when the green flag drops."

Don't think it did!!!:D :D :p

TT

Surprised me!! NA zenith Blue 996 both speedos digital and analoge read the same!! Wasn't the smartest move in the world but it sure was fun. If you have any more doubts I will take my digital camera and record the entire event as it unfolds again for $500 to me if I am correct or $500 to you if I am embelishing in the slightest ;)... or come to Ft Myers for a first hand experience in The NA Porsche the TT Porsche either ZR1 the Shelby the stage buick or the 109... and the list goes on..... Not trying to instigate anything it is just the truth is the truth!! No dreaming no BS.. I own these vehicles and drive them all... some much less than others!!!

Bilt2run -
You in Ft Myers? I just moved from there to Lauderdale area and I'm trying to get back over there.

Reason I wrote you is you mentioned having a Series One Shelby. My brother workes for Shelby in Vagas on the Series One and was in Ft Myers a couple years ago on a trip working on several cars.

When did you get it? His name is Terry Jack and he lives in Vegas.

I'll have to look you up when I get back and take you up on the offer.

Terry

1/4 mile specs on a Porsche turbo are 12.3

Red Regal runs a 12.5 in full street trim.

Why is this story so hard to believe? Anything can happen on the street and I think the TR would win again if given the chance.

Series one

I have only had mine for about 9 months. It was originally sold to a friend of Carroll Shelby and apparently has an interesting history. Mine is Black with full silver stripes according to Paul Klucas @ S/A it is the only one in existence!
I live just off Daniels road in Gateway/Stoneybrook drop me an E mail when you are next in town:cool:

TT

Thats weird my 109 goes high 11's and I still lost ????????

Point is I have no particular axe to grind. I'm not reading road and track these vehicles are in my collection. Real drives, real world, NO BENCH RACING!!!!:cool:

my neighbor owns a TT porsche 2003, he wont line up with me because he is afraid i reap him a new A**H**, and my car only runs high 11's, but he has seen 1st hand the long tire marks it leaves with i take off. LOL, his car is Yellow and AWD Twin Turbo, he said the only way he will race me is from a 90mph roll, i know that at that speed he would kill me but from a dead stop i give him a run for his 125K he spend on that yellow piece of crap. :eek:

TT

Love my GN

But...............................................................................................

The AWD twin turbo doesn't leave black marks it translates all that wasted power to acceleraton!!

had a 5.0, nice black GT, laid rubber forever... still slower than a three toed sloth ;)

Originally posted by Zneed4speed
1/4 mile specs on a Porsche turbo are 12.3

A tiptronic won't run 12.3's stock. 12.8's, maybe, but only the manuals run low 12's.

stats

No way in hell is an automatic 911 Twin turbo going to run faster than the "11's" your TR runs. Different sensation perhaps--much lower to the ground and probably FEELS faster. Ever drive in a go-kart??Feels like a rocket doesn't it??

TT

Mine is a manual my fathers is a tip. FYI the tip is quicker.

I dont care what you have read or believe to be true..live the dream.. drive the cars...experience reality... outside the glossy pages of road and track. These cars are bone stock.. 01(mine).. and 03 (his).

I have only about 12 months experience in the TR world, Lifetime (35yrs) with autos. So while my Honda Pilot ATV feels faster than the TR or Porsche Im guessing its not!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

You know, the thing about having plenty of money is that you can buy expensive, fast cars and jabber all day long about it. It takes a little more involvment in your hobby to build your car with your own hands, to be fast and have a clue about what you're talking about. Especially when you're telling a guy he can't outrun something when he was there and did it. Somebody please tell me I can't outrun a C5 Vette with a rattly looking old Caprice with a healthy 70 455 Buick motor..............:D :cool: Oops..........too late.:p

smackethdown

huh,huh,huh,huh tell em beavis! btw fatboy ran a 11;37 at bristol. get up on that and crow!:cool:

TT

Built my own Stage II.................Ford 9" ..TH400..and many unique hand fabricated pieces that exist only on that car.....

69 RS/Z28 X33D80 car... frame off resto .... too many trophies to count...
and that was when I was still in college!!!!

71 CJ Mustang.. body on resto.. (hated it) but it was an awesome resto(sold)

and the list goes on............

Don't particularly care for C5's or even the Porsche( the enemy all through high school) for that matter....... but give credit where it is due. Fast and refined is fast and refined!!

Just because you assume that I have money does not mean that I do not 90% of my own wrenching.... ;)

Built2run,

I talked to my brother today about your Series One. He said, YES, it is the only one THEY have painted all black with silver stripes. It originally was black with red stripes and he thinks there are 3 like that. He remembers the car well as he worked on it.

He also wanted to know who and when the supercharger option ws put on because it is a base 290 hp car. So that explains why it got dusted so bad. What makes you think it has that option?

It also came from my neck of the woods - Lauderdale / Hollywood area.

He was glad to hear it was in Ft Myers.

Terry