Twin Turbo LS build in the Planning stages. Turbo sizing qustions.

Got some clarification on the HP Tuners- and it's not as bad as I thought it to be.

I got a call from the "The Guy" and he found me a 4L80e RWD with the converter. So one piece of the puzzle 10k to go.

Which way to go Aftermarket ECM or OE ECM tuned?

I am not liking to buy a software/hardware combo to then have to buy/pay every time i want to use it.

Is there any one time purchase tuning soft software that is worth buying? or should i just look into an aftermarket ECM like a Fast XFI?
I'd go with a stand alone fast from cal Hartline with startup tune . Take all the guess work out .

Is this is a true street car? Meaning, no 2-step, no alky, no planned further upgrades, boost set up to be the same all the time, same fuel all the time, Just give it to your wife and let her pick the kids up at school? If so, good. HP will be just fine.

If not.......make sure you put the money you saved aside. You may need it to buy another few junkyard motors.

I'm holding my breath and truly wishing you the best.

Is this is a true street car? Meaning, no 2-step, no alky, no planned further upgrades, boost set up to be the same all the time, same fuel all the time, Just give it to your wife and let her pick the kids up at school? If so, good. HP will be just fine.

If not.......make sure you put the money you saved aside. You may need it to buy another few junkyard motors.

I'm holding my breath and truly wishing you the best.

I change my mind every 30 seconds, on top of that-- all the experimenting you guys did in your teens i am now doing in my 40s, so NOTHING will be left alone, even if its running great I WILL mess with it. I will hear the good advice and still try my own dumb ideas then complain about my dumb ideas netting bad results.
I will push this until it goes -- hopefully later than sooner. I have a friendly competition going with my cousins, they have deep pockets and i don't have any pockets at all, so i will do as the budget allows when it allows it.

On to the car -- 2 years ago i put about 10k miles on it, i drive the heck out of it, PA, NJ, MD and CT. The car will be a true street car with regular street tires NOT EVEN DRAG RADIALS. I am a cruise night whore.

Not sure is i posted it up already but i am going to try and do this in stages
1- get the car under its own power.
2- start turning it up
2A- Start a building a replacement long block
3- Turn it up and see how it goes
4- Install the built replacement long block
5- Really turn it up.
6- Avoid doing 2A, 3 and 4 a second time or at least 3 years after 4

I spent over 4k on my current long block V6 and i am terrified of turning it up because of the replacement cost. And thats with me having 2 extra long blocks on hand. The LS no fear, it breaks whatever next block at under 1k installed.
plus i can build it out of a summit book and everything is in stock and only 2 days away. I don't have the patience of waiting 4 months for a set of aluminum Buick heads.

Don't get me wrong i still love the this little V6 and i will still play with my 86 GN but the Chevelle will be my fun fuck it zone.

Damn that was a long ramble Sorry for that
David

I change my mind every 30 seconds, on top of that-- all the experimenting you guys did in your teens i am now doing in my 40s, so NOTHING will be left alone, even if its running great I WILL mess with it. I will hear the good advice and still try my own dumb ideas then complain about my dumb ideas netting bad results.
I will push this until it goes -- hopefully later than sooner. I have a friendly competition going with my cousins, they have deep pockets and i don't have any pockets at all, so i will do as the budget allows when it allows it.

On to the car -- 2 years ago i put about 10k miles on it, i drive the heck out of it, PA, NJ, MD and CT. The car will be a true street car with regular street tires NOT EVEN DRAG RADIALS. I am a cruise night whore.

Not sure is i posted it up already but i am going to try and do this in stages
1- get the car under its own power.
2- start turning it up
2A- Start a building a replacement long block
3- Turn it up and see how it goes
4- Install the built replacement long block
5- Really turn it up.
6- Avoid doing 2A, 3 and 4 a second time or at least 3 years after 4

I spent over 4k on my current long block V6 and i am terrified of turning it up because of the replacement cost. And thats with me having 2 extra long blocks on hand. The LS no fear, it breaks whatever next block at under 1k installed.
plus i can build it out of a summit book and everything is in stock and only 2 days away. I don't have the patience of waiting 4 months for a set of aluminum Buick heads.

Don't get me wrong i still love the this little V6 and i will still play with my 86 GN but the Chevelle will be my fun fuck it zone.

Damn that was a long ramble Sorry for that
David

This is a good attitude to have. I am also in my 40's. However, I no longer have the mental or physical capabilities to experiment anymore. To make it worse, working conditions at the garage I rent are terrible. I sometimes feel like one of those guys you see in the South Bronx, on a side street, 2:00 in the morning, in the freezing rain, rebuilding his Civic's motor.:wtf:

Good luck. I know you'll have fun.

Remember, what's usually hurts motors n blows them up is tuning . If motor is built correctly buy a machine shop it's the tune that hurts them . I would bot go hp tuners Ive seen plenty of guys down here struggle tuning them . I'd def go fast setup self tuning , or guys I know with LS builds are using the new holley efi self tuning with real good success . This to me is a no brainer . Sell some parts n save for it . It's worth it in the long run . The more you drive the car the more it self tunes the fuel tables can't go wrong .