TV Made EZ

image.jpeg
i just got to working on my 200-4R swap and installing my TV cable kit. Anyone running one of these kits?
I was hoping some could post pics of the linkage on the Holley carb. Just want to see how the lock nut is in the slot of the plate. Would help me see a starting point.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Thanks John, just what I was looking for. Set the cable all the way towards the firewall and from the pedal got WOT with someone verifying this looking down the carb and trying to accelerate more. Did this twice and same results, by measurement how much the cable was pulled forward. Just trying to set a starting point where the set screw should start, I know instructions say start at one extreme then test, just nervous about damaging the trans. I guess I'm a little spooked from the horror stories from wrong tv cable setting burning up the trans. Really appreciate he time to take a picture....any others have a picture to compare to before I take it off the Jack stands ?
John, you also used the spring that came I the kit? And how are your shifts, tire barking or smooth at this setting?
Thanks very much

I see what you are asking now. Here is the adjustment procedure I have had best results with.

1. Disconnect the TV cable from carb
2. Have helper depress accelerator pedal from inside car
3. pull the ball (or connector) out as far as it will go
4. Adjust the cable housing so the cable is full extended at full throttle.

So at full throttle, you have max TV, and are full extended. Depending on your shift calibration, that should be safe. The adjustment screw can be used to change the shift quality firmer or softer.

Yes, all those steps done. But I left out the trans pan was off to see the plunger was bottomed out at the same time I reached WOT. The spring in the trans is the one that came from the kit.
My question was where most people used to locate the lock screw within the slot in the plate.
Just as a reference idea.
Was hoping for other pics as well.

I have one of Lonnie's trans in my Malibu, with an SBC and Holley carb and was not able to get the correct measurement at the plunger using all available adjustment from the TV Made EZ system. Ended up only using the under carb plate/cable bracket and modifying the carb linkage arm to extend the travel enough to get the correct measurement, using a stock TV cable.

I left the EA installed spring in place and did not use the one provided by TV Made EZ.

I have one of Lonnie's trans in my Malibu, with an SBC and Holley carb and was not able to get the correct measurement at the plunger using all available adjustment from the TV Made EZ system. Ended up only using the under carb plate/cable bracket and modifying the carb linkage arm to extend the travel enough to get the correct measurement, using a stock TV cable.

I left the EA installed spring in place and did not use the one provided by TV Made EZ.

I have one of Lonnie's 200r4 also, he installed the spring, can't remember which one but told me it was the right one for the kit. Believe it or not, I have the trans for three years with no time on it. Just getting to it last couple months.....now snow
I was curious how others experienced installing this kit and if I could see pictures. I went through all the steps and double checked, just the fine tuning with the set screw on the side of the carb linkage has to be adjusted while road testing.....now when the snow clears. Thanks for the reply

Don't feel bad on the delay in getting it installed. I picked up my trans from Lonnie in January and finally got it installed and test driven in late September.

Curious what you're using for lockup converter control, if you have a l/u converter?

Don't feel bad on the delay in getting it installed. I picked up my trans from Lonnie in January and finally got it installed and test driven in late September.

Curious what you're using for lockup converter control, if you have a l/u converter?

Haha...life gets in the way at times.
I have a lock up converter switched with the brake pedal switch, does that make a difference?
No real kit

Be careful not to rely on the gas pedal to put you at WOT when doing the cable WOT setup. Surprisingly many gas pedals do not allow the carb to hit WOT. It is best to rotate the carb lever to WOT and then set the cable. Then check and correct the gas pedal if needed to be sure you can get to WOT with the pedal.

As has already been said, it is best to pull the pan and make sure the plunger is buried in the TV sleeve at WOT. Pull the TV cable as hard as you can and hold it, verify the TV plunger is buried in the TV sleeve and then lock down the cable stop. Release and then recheck by rotating the throttle back to WOT and make sure the plunger is still buried. Once the WOT setting is verified, the idle setting is more of a crap shoot where you really should rely on a pressure test to be sure you have pressures recommended by the GM manual (for stock builds) or by your trans builder (for performance builds). For example, Lonnie at Extreme Transmissions has a specific distance he recommends for the plunger because of the TV spring he uses (.820 to .860 with .840 being ideal), but he also notes that some setups of his system will not work best at that setting so the pressure gauge is needed to make sure you get an instant pressure rise as soon as the throttle moves the TV cable. A shorter spring will use a different measurement and there are several variables that affect that. Here's the bottom line:

As long as you have the following, then you can be sure you are close...maybe as close as you can get:
  • A geometry correcting bracket on the carb throttle lever THAT IS MADE FOR THAT CARB
  • The TV plunger buried in the sleeve at WOT (can only be seen with the pan off)
  • The TV plunger is slightly preloaded into the TV sleeve at idle
  • The TV cable has no slack at idle
  • You get an instant pressure rise on the pressure gauge off idle
  • Your pressures are what your builder says they should be
The above still does not guarantee you have the right travel. Without going into too much detail, suffice to say that if you compare TV cable corrector systems from different vendors, you will find out quickly that none of them have it quite right. Some have the wrong cable travel (usually too short) and some have the wrong angles, or both. I found TCI to be the worst (cable mount in wrong place and travel too short). Sonnax turned out to be the best. I don't know about TV Made Easy so can't comment. Travel is a function of the cable correction system you are using so you may have to compromise by moving the TV cable plunger in or out until your pressure gauge tells you it is right. The TV cable should NOT be used to change shift feel, although it will cause changes in shift feel if too tight or too loose. The pressure gauge tells the final story.

Last edited: