turning up boost?

gflo383

i'm new with my 86 gn but the way i was told to turn up the boost was to turn the rod on the waste gate clockwise one full turn is about one pund of boost, now the gauge before read about 15psi if i was on it so i got some race fuel and wanted to bump it to 20psi, i did this by turning the rod accordingly but the gauge still reads 15psi wot, could it be the gauge or is the turbo maxed? i also didn't feel much faster. any help would be great:confused:

If it felt the same, probably not the guage you can FEEL the difference between 15# and 20#. You did shorten the rod right? the wastgate hoses could be hooked up wrong or you could have a plugged cat/restricted exhaust.

As stated, you want to shorten the rod, it should be considerably harder to put on the puck arm if you bumped it up 5#'s.

turning up boost

i did shorten the rod i good amount like you say enought to make it very hard to get it back on,now this confused me so i went the other way and the boost went down what is going on here

On my adjustable actuators one turn has been considerably less than 1 psi. I have to turn mine a lot more. When I had the stocker, I had it modified to make it adjustable, and they ruined it somehow, so it wouldn't adjust up. Maybe yours is broke, but I would double check all the vacuum lines and maybe crank it in some more.