Turbonetics Cheetah

GNT_Dred

I picked up a new Turbonetics Cheetah setup for my old man's GNT, but had a few questions about what to expect. It's has a 63 a/r turbine housing w/ integrated wastegate flange with a T04B compressor housing w/ 2.5" inlet / 2" outlet and a 54mm (inducer) compressor wheel. I'm thinking its a stg-3 turbine wheel and the turbine hsg has "20240" stamped on it, while the comp hsg has "20192" stamped on it. Can anyone elaborate on this setup and whether I'll need injector upgrades for 6 psi, or will a rising rate FPR do?

TIA

WELCOME PILGIM! First we will need more info on your father's build and don't forget to state the year of the car. It makes a difference on what mod's can be made. their are more options to the intercooled ones, 86/87 models. 6#s is low, even for the carb'd units.

Thanks for the welcome! It's a bone stock '87 GNT (2nd owner since early '90s) with just a click over 90k. I picked up this setup in the hopes of building the car up for him as he retires. I plan on building a 3" turbo back, upgrading the intercooler and intake, while focusing on making the engine breath a bit better. I want to see what the stock injectors can support on a more efficient setup at "x" psi of boost..

Do yourself a favor and get some 60# injectors. You may not need them now but it will keep you from maxing out the stock ones and going lean/detonating and blowing a head gasket.

Make sure you have a fuel pump and hot wire kit before you do anything.
Also purchase a chip with the correct timing curve for the gas you plan on using.
I have use Full Throttle/ Bob Bailey and Turbo Tweak Chips with excellent results.

Please also read this article:
http://gnttype.org/maint/basics.html

Thanks to all for the feedback and advice. I'm gonna start with the pump, injectors and a chip and go from there.