TURBOFABRICATORS modified intake valley pan

SNOWBIRD

I just read on a other site , that one of its members has a fix for pcv valve sucking up oil into intake ,when useing 1200 intake gaskets...what he does,,as i understand it is,he modifies the gm steel tin gasket and keeps the center section and then screws it to the bottom of the intake thus ,keeping as much oil mist as possible away from the pcv...WHERE IS TURBOFABRICATOR:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I use Moroso part # 68790 and install it under the PCV grommet. It shield the oil from getting sucked into the PCV.

Moroso : Category Display

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Pretty good idea. How are you attaching it? Looks like it would be tough to get to the other side to tighten down a nut. Just tapping the intake and putting the bolts in?

the idea came from user name TURBOFABRICATOR....maybe he can send some pictures or give more details on procedures...I plan to do it,makes a lot of sense

Pretty good idea. How are you attaching it? Looks like it would be tough to get to the other side to tighten down a nut. Just tapping the intake and putting the bolts in?

When you have the intake off, place it bottom side up on a bench. Position the straight side of the baffle parallel with the edge of the intake, keeping back from the edge 1/4"-1/2". Basically you don't want to get too close to the edge because if you over hang the baffle, it might hit the head when you place the intake on the motor.

The baffle comes with two small screws and nylok nuts. I drilled through the intake and attached it with the hardware provided. The nuts are kept on the motor side. For good measure, I also added some loctite to the screws. You don't have to be concerned about vacuum leaks in this area. One of the screws can be tricky getting in but I have faith in you.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

:eek: I am not talking about the baffel ,but the stock gm intake vally gasket that we can modify to keep oil spray away from pcv valve

valley pan

i experienced the same problem with excessive oiling into intake- if you look at the gasket there is two tabs on either side that hold it in place on the heads. i cut just above this with some snips and cleaned the valley area in front with some brakecleen. just using the front of the valley i used rtv to help make sure it couldn't move around. the problem was eliminated by this and i used the fel pro gaskets on the sides i believe they are 1200's. i recently took the engine apart for some other work and the gasket is still in place exactly as it should be. hopefully this helps, i don't see the need to secure it with anything else as the tabs alone are quite sufficient.

THANKS,,I am about to put together my engine,I have lots of good stuff in this long block and want to use pcv system....I DONT CARE WHAT THE RACERS SAY...PHOOOOOOEY;)