turbo6x2

YNOVATE

I got the GN blues
hey K&J....you wanna buy another GN??? i'll sell it to ya cheap!!! I'm having some MAJOR problems and am about ready to take out the shotgun and start blowing then engine away. Everything I do to fix it something else goes wrong. so now after I get the new turbo on...its running fine...took it easy the first few days and it did great. the other night I put in some race gas and went to turn up the boost.....my d**n wastegate controller was stuck. while driving I developed a bad bad knock. took it the next day and put in the same amount of 89 octane to get it down. it hasn't helped....so now my car sits in the driveway and is having trouble even turning over. I don't know if the valves are fried or what?!?

are you two going to be at C's or the lot tonight??
I'll stop by to look for ya.

later....Brad

P.S. I had about 3 gallons of 93oct before I added 6 gallons of 100oct. and the next day I put in 6 gallons of 89oct.....so what is the octane level in the car right now??? i'm guessing around 95-96

thanks mike.....wow, if its only at 94.2 It should be fine. I run 93 in it every fill up and never had this happen......must have fried something when I had the 6:3 ratio of 100:93.....man now I'm gettin depressed.....i'm going to go outside now and look at her....at least she's still beautiful on the outside!!!:D

Putting 100 octane in it won't hurt a thing, thats all I've run in mine for the past 2 years. What kind of knock, where is it coming from?

what kind of knock?

sounds like lifter/valve knocking.....coming from the left side of engine. I think something is starting to seize up because it fights to turn over...and when it does it only runs for about 3 seconds. I have no clue why.....oil level and coolant levels are normal so it shouldn't have overheated. only ran the car for about 20 minutes the day it started.

just had a new turbo put on.....the turbo was emitting a strange high pitched noise(other than the wonderful whistle they normally make:) ) I can't quite describe it....the wastegate definately was not functioning properly. would boost creep do this??? there was no detonation but if the engine was overboosted would this cause these problems??? man I am lost.

my goal this spring/summer was to get her running pretty good and sell her.....looks like I might just have to sell her as is and cut my losses.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorry Brad didnt' make it down on Saturday, but will be there most likely this Saturday, if you left your boost set to high you could of done a men in black issue and hurt something? Did it boost to high, do you have a gauge? I know that you needed the new turbo, didn't you go with stock? If it sounds like a lifter could be the issue? How bad is the knock you're hearing? Let me know if you are going down Saturday.

oh man am I pissed!!!!

sorry took so long to respond...i've been dealing with my car and I was in stanton for the drags saturday night. anyway.....I found out what's wrong with my car. ya know when I told ya when I had my car in fennville cause a guy there was recommended to me by a friend's dad? well when he changed out the head gaskets he NEVER DROPPED THE OIL PAN!!! when the guys at sharpe dropped the pan there were pieces of silicone and gasket material in the pan. so what happend was.....these pieces worked there way in the moving parts of the crank...and to make a long story short....a rod spun. the number 5 connecting rod is what was knocking....the bearing under there was shot...the mechanic let me get under the car to take a look....its not good. metal shavings are in the pan and on top of the filter of the oil return tube. so basically the bottom end of my engine needs rebuilt. I called the guy back and chewed his @$$ out...he offered to do the work for free....but i've had my car there twice and he couldn't do anything about it. i'm checking into some options...I'll let ya know what's up later in the week...

I won't be at the lot this next weekend...gonna be out of town.

Sorry to hear that Brad, but I think we told you why only Karl works on our car, except for rebuilding the engine then it went to Weber racing. I sure hope you can get it straight, I know there is a knowledgable tech at Sharpe these days, they may be able to help at least they found the issue. If not I think Randy could do this and that would just be Grandville. Let me know.