Turbo words of advice

Kelton Roberts

I've got a TA49 that's going in this weekend. I've never changed out a turbo before but seems not very difficult. Anything I should know before digging into this?

Nope! Super easy to install. It's direct stock replacement. I had no trouble. I have 3" down pipe that hooked up easily.

All you need is the chip tuned to it and you're good :) takes about half hour taking your time while drinking a Pacifico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. The stock downpipe bolts are a bitch. Get some WD 40 or penetrant on them to help loosen them up.

All of the stock bolts are METRIC.

Set the oil drain tube on first and get those bolts snug before you do any other ones. You will see why.

A line wrench for the oil supply line into the turbo is a good idea. It is easy to round off that flare nut.

Get all bolts and nuts started before you tighten down anything.

Go slow. Drink 3 Pacificos while doing this to keep your calm. Do not be in a hurry or you will never get it done.

Other than that, its a snap!!

You might end up needing new studs and/or pinch nuts.

I can remember znix posting about this a few years ago, next thing you know he's building his own motor.

Doing the oil return line first is great tip almost as good as the beer tip.

Hey Kelton , How are you liking the 49 ? I just upgraded from stock to a 49 , 60 lbs injectors and a front mount on mine also

Hey Kelton , How are you liking the 49 ? I just upgraded from stock to a 49 , 60 lbs injectors and a front mount on mine also
I just took it out today for the first time with the TA49 and alky all working. Loving it so far. Hit 24-25lbs with no knock, pretty happy with it

I just took it out today for the first time with the TA49 and alky all working. Loving it so far. Hit 24-25lbs with no knock, pretty happy with it
Good deal , I have been getting some high readings on scanmaster on the BL ( 142 ) . But other than that she pulls really hard . Mine is set at 24 lbs of boost .