Turbo v6 in full size pick-up..

v8eater

I'm $oooo broke..
**Moderators please move to the correct forum if not, I didn't know exactly which one to post to.

What would be the bad points or troubles of transplanting a turbo v6 into say a short wheel based early '90s Chevy or GMC. Pretty sure there would be enough room. This would NOT be a work truck that I would haul lumber, trailers, etc. But one that I would take to the track, out on Sat-Sunday drives.
Traction is one bad point that I see. Weight can't be no more than a MCss or placing the v6 in a station wagon
Let me know what ya'll think about this. I really like that era truck body style.

James L

Bill Cunningham in TN has a BEAUTIFUL one for sale with stage 2, 200r4, pt67GTQ, and other goodies, NICE TRUCK
Mike Licht

Originally posted by v8eater
**Moderators please move to the correct forum if not, I didn't know exactly which one to post to.

What would be the bad points or troubles of transplanting a turbo v6 into say a short wheel based early '90s Chevy or GMC. Pretty sure there would be enough room. This would NOT be a work truck that I would haul lumber, trailers, etc. But one that I would take to the track, out on Sat-Sunday drives.
Traction is one bad point that I see. Weight can't be no more than a MCss or placing the v6 in a station wagon
Let me know what ya'll think about this. I really like that era truck body style.

I've often thought of that.
Get a 3/4t with all the heavy duty suspension, and big brakes, and then redrill the hubs for 5 lug, and just go out and susprise folks. A 91+ BBC donor would get you a PCM and 4L80E tranny. Then you could have the best of all worlds.
Z the frame rails and a 4 link if you're really serious. Lots of room for tubs too.

Hey Mike, You wouldn't happen to by chance to have a picture of Bill Cunninghams truck. Does he post here or have a webpage?
Thanks, James L.

Originally posted by v8eater

James L
Has been done with a SyTy motor, only runs 14's .
The weight is an issue, just buy a Syclone, there are plenty of cheap trucks for sale lately.
http://www.syty.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=6

http://sytyarchives.com/gallery/album25

Yeah..I thought about buying a Syclone but really would like a full size. Been driving a Nissan Pick-up for 14 years and want a bigger truck.
If I can't find a decent truck or a Regal rolling chassis I may just part one of my GNs out and buy a low milage turbo Buick. I think dhauser has one that screaming my name, just haven't got up the nerve to call him about it.