Turbo Trans AM

Whats a 89 TTA with 20,000 miles on it and $5000. plum paint job worth these days?

just guessing i would say its truely worth the same as a tta with the same miles in the same condition but minus whatever money it would take to strip the paint off and repaint it complete back to white with all the factory lettering,not many people would want a purple tta,very little market for one,forget the 5k paint and start going the other way considering a complete repaint and done right isnt cheap...

Yea the plum paint is a real turn off but the car its self is real nice.I was just wondering if its worth the 19 grand the guy wants for it.

I would not want that car for $19K. Not even sure I would pay $15K let alone want that car in Plum. That is Plum crazy to not paint a TTA white. :p

Yea the plum paint is a real turn off but the car its self is real nice.I was just wondering if its worth the 19 grand the guy wants for it.

no way i think anyone would pay that,why would someone paint a TRUE 20k mile car plum?...may be 120k,stay away from this one buddy....even if it was true miles id say 10k tops(if you loved the car and color),because to return it to "right"would be some work to leave no evidence of the mistake someone made...

Guys......

Just a hunch, but I don't think he meant "plum" in the most literal of sense...I think he meant "plum" as in reallly realllly good paint job...

Just a guess??:)
Steve Chambers

Just a hunch, but I don't think he meant "plum" in the most literal of sense...I think he meant "plum" as in reallly realllly good paint job...

Just a guess??:)
Steve Chambers

actually he did say it was plum as in crazy,as in haze...

Ooooooopsssss

Thanks Tommy,
Im sorry but that car would be to me flat out ugmo..
Steve Chambers

I'd stear clear of that one unless you can get it back to white for less than $19K total in the car. Otherwise, you can get a nice WHITE TTA for $16-$20K.

I'd say it's worth about what a normal non-turbo TA would be worth with those miles.....$12k?

He ruined it with the paint. What a knucklehead....