Turbo Timer

bullet87

I have one. A basic Turbotimer, the one with three whires. Anyone know how to hook one up?

a turbo timer is supposed to keep the engine running for a adjustable amount of time after you take your ignition key out, this allows oil to cycle through the turbo and cool it off.

what color are the wires? there should be 4. red (12v constant), black (ground), blue (ignition), and green (acc). some have an E brake wire or shifter (automatic) so if its moved from park or the E brake is depressed, itll automatically shut off. its not too hard to hook up. good luck.

Wow... that is a really simple setup for a TT.

Red and black are: ignition power and ground respectively.

White is a toss-up since it is most likely a signal wire, either RPM or TPS signal. But, may possibly be for a connection to the E-brake pedal... if it is a really simple setup with JUST a timer built in.

My HKS Type-1 TT, is tied into the RPM signal, TPS, & VSS (maybe more) and has a "smart learn" capability where based on the collected signals it makes a judgment on how long the car should stay on.

These a good idea for our cars? Usually I drive under 0 boost for the last 1/2 mile or so to keep the turbo cool and then let it sit 5 or 10 seconds before shutting it down. How long does it need to run to cool the turbo down adequately? Naturally I know it'd depend on how hard you were thrashing it before you parked it.

yeah, mine has a 1, 2, and 5 min delay. Real simple. Where is the easiest place to connect it?

Originally posted by bullet87
yeah, mine has a 1, 2, and 5 min delay. Real simple. Where is the easiest place to connect it?

We still don't know what your white wire is for.

Figure that out and get back to us.

another waste of money unless you make a habit of shutting the car down immediately after a wot blast.......(the the dragstrip, the return road is adequate cool down)

yeah, It might be a waste of money, but I did not pay for this one. If I were to buy one it would have the works in it. Since I have I might as well out it to use.. iF I can figure out how to install it..

Originally posted by bullet87
yeah, It might be a waste of money, but I did not pay for this one. If I were to buy one it would have the works in it. Since I have I might as well out it to use.. iF I can figure out how to install it..

Got a make and model number?

Supply the info and I'll walk you through it.

Call me paranoid, but I am adamant on letting my car idle for 30-45seconds before I leave it. I've seen a few cokedturbo bearings, and it's not a nice thing. Preventative maintainence I suppose.

-DC :cool: