Turbo Takes for ever to spool.....

Buick_GN_Man

I just bought this car from nashville Tn, and it has alot done to it. All I know so far is 50mm turbo we think?

60lb injectors
headers
two 255 walboros pumps
front mount
ect..... oh yea turbo tweak chip.

I looked at numbers on scan master and here is what its doing so far:
02mv at WOT is 859,,,fuel pressur goes to 73
TPS at WOT is 4.0
retard is 2.3 I run 102 unleaded with water meth

and I dont know how to tune with turbo tweak?

How much boost are you running for the fuel pressure to be 73 # at WOT? It looks like your WOT o2 #'s are really rich and yout TPS is low.

Neal

Who's alky kit you using? If its razors use methanol only no water.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Torque converter and turbo not a good match for each other, stall speed too low ...... I'm just taking a guess here but from I have read on here over the years sounds like a good starting point.

stop,pull the tt chip and email eric and see what specs the chip is cut for.need to know whats in the car,especially before beating on it.

That'd be my suggestion on the chip too, contact Eric. I had a question on the TT chip that came in my car when I bought it and he was able to look it up by the original owners name and tell me all about it.
Another thing to check out is if you have any exhaust leaks. Cracked drivers header, cross over crack or not lined up correctly. If exhaust is losing pressure it will kill spool time.

Your spool problem could be in the brand of headers, do you know what kind? and the turbo, I don't think their was ever a 50mm,so its probably much bigger.

Spool is slow due to the richness and the converter was never mentioned, so I want to assume it's stock? That's the issue there....

Yea im not sure.....the headers look nice as hell, but I cant see brand?
if they look nice their probably hooker or kenne bell, your better off with the stock ones, AND if they really really look nice their probably Chinese knock offs you should pull them off ASAP...:poop:

Before we start telling you how to change head gaskets...park the car. Find out what injectors...convertor...chip info from Eric...turbo etc you have. Give us some SM numbers with the car warmed up...that's a start.

Yes, you're still too rich. 859 at WOT is ridiculously rich. Not sure why no one has pointed that out.